How to flavor quinoa?

2»

Replies

• RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    I believe a lot of companies flavor things with "natural flavors". Maybe you should try some of that?
  • emcdermott85
    emcdermott85 Posts: 34 Member
    OMG! I had quinoa (0.75 of a cup cooked) with 1.5 cups of steamed mix vegetables (zucchini, carrot and snow peas) and 1 drained 95G tin of Sirena Tuna mixed with 1 serving (2 tablespoons) of tomato pesto. It is delicious. Give it a go.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I'm lazy. I buy the pre-rinsed quinoa. :)

Lots of good ideas here. I just toast it a bit, cook in chicken broth, and add whatever herb sounds good. It's an awesome rice replacement. I haven't made it in awhile, so I guess it's time to revisit it!

Same. i'm lazy and buy the one you don't have to rinse. Cooking in chicken broth is good. Use like you would bulgur in tabbouleh and make a salad with chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, olive oil, lemon juice, and parsley. Recently, I made a quinoa tuna casserole. Mixed cooked quinoa in broth, canned tuna, sauteed onions and peppers, peas, and light sour cream, topped with cheese and panko, and baked. Was tasty.
  • I also use chicken stock but I use a lot of red pepper flakes, fresh garlic,sea salt and blk pepper. :smile:
  • amyg007
    amyg007 Posts: 52 Member
    My fav is quinoa mixed with sautéed mushrooms, zucchini, spinach, and got cheese. Finally mix in some Greek dressing. Eat hot or cold. So yummy!