Will this work for me?

Options

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    This website has worked for a lot of people, me included. My ticker tells the tale. Welcome to MFP!!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    It will work, if you don't expect overnight-miracles. And it will work, if YOU work it. It's all a question of will power.:happy:

So far it has worked pretty good for me.
    Welcome to the site. :flowerforyou:
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This site really helps me be honest about what I eat (more than I used to think) and it has also helped me make better choices. it's very motivating to see how many calories are in ONE sugar cookie. I can eat a LOT of healthy food to equal up to one or two bad choices. I've learned how many calories are in a lot of basic foods that I eat also.

Logging the exercise is great. It really makes it seem worth getting out of bed to exercise to be able to add those calories to my day. I hope you find it as motivational as I have.

That said, this site is designed to help you lose in a healthy way - which means slowly. I've set my profile to lose 1 pound a week. Sometimes I lose more than that, but not always. It's a lifestyle change.

If you need motivation, post a Help! message - you will get responses from others who can help get you through the day, or the moment.

Good luck!
  • emdee069
    Options
    Hi,

I am so glad I came across this website and knowing that it has a food tracker & exercise tracker as well and seeing other people have succeeded. I am now looking forward to losing weight and finding my motivation to lose the extra weight that I have being carrying. Thank you again for sharing. Mel:)
  • peanut1967
    peanut1967 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes it works! You get what you put into it, but in addition you get a lot of support and motivation. Just try it, log everything, exercise, add friends, participate and you will see a progress :-)
  • EzraCCM
    EzraCCM Posts: 47
    Options
    I used to be in for the quick-fixes: fad diets, fasts, that sort of thing. Any time I tried to lose weight by tracking calories and exercising, I would get bored after a month and give up. Then I realized that a quick fix doesn't cut it, and it isn't just about losing weight, it's about being a healthier me!

After two months I've lost 7 pounds (not fast progress, but healthy progress!) and I've been working out 3-4 times a week.

If you stick with it, it will work! One thing I really like about myfitnesspal is the free iphone/ipod app, which makes me more likely to log my daily calories and workouts because I don't have to find a computer to do it, and i'm less likely to forget.

Stick with it and good luck on finding a healthier you!