Rest days

Options
I usally obly take one rest day but in thinking obtaking 2 i took pne yesterday cuz i was soo tired fallin asleep at work n everything then i woke up this mornin b my lowerr back n hip was killib me is it bad if i take 2 rest days back to back? If i doo i feel likee im letting my self down i hate that depressed feeling

Replies

• britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. Get more sleep, maybe? And light cardio is great for soreness. Depending on your fitness level, a light jog or brisk walk will suck at first, but you'll probably feel much better by the end.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Man, that was hard to read but nothing wrong with taking 2 rest days if you feel like you need it.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling worse than usual after working out, you may be getting sick. Especially if the weather changed rather suddenly where you live. Take another day off, you don't need to make yourself sick and then have to take a whole week off.

ETA: I think he typed it on a phone. I make the same specific typos often when I do.
  • bigsicklittlesick
    bigsicklittlesick Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I usally obly take one rest day but in thinking obtaking 2 i took pne yesterday cuz i was soo tired fallin asleep at work n everything then i woke up this mornin b my lowerr back n hip was killib me is it bad if i take 2 rest days back to back? If i doo i feel likee im letting my self down i hate that depressed feeling

OMG.... do rest. Hopefully your typing will improve.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    take another day. listen to your body!
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I hate having rest days but you need to listen to your body, I had one yesterday because I was feeling ill and I'm taking another today just to make sure, I normally take one after day 5 of exercise just so my muscles can repair themselves, your body will work more efficiently for you if you learn to work out its signals, don't beat yourself up about taking time out ????
  • davideickelmann
    davideickelmann Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Take rest days when you need them. Just make sure that it's a rest day and not a "I just don't want to go to the gym today" day. Depending on your training split/goals/lifestyle/fitness level/age, you may need more or fewer rest days than others.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It's bad if you don't listen to your body. Take a few days to get right then come back. The gym will always be there but your back pain won't
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    If you feel you need two rest days then do it. Nothing wrong with rest days back to back. If after the rest day you still feel sluggish maybe look into your diet. If your training hard and not getting enough food intake it can really make you run down and sleepy. I was the same until i upped my food intake.
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Rest is important, but also do remember to stretch after your exercise, and that will ease your joints.
    Take another rest, and don't feel defeated by doing it. You obviously need it.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    It's fine if your body tells you that you need it. I find that I often run better after a couple of rest days. It's only bad when it becomes an excuse to avoid working out, with no real reason, and extends to three days...four days...etc.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I would rather take 2 days back to back than to risk injury. Good luck!
  • standoug888
    standoug888 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Lol srry guys im on my phone but i think im gunna just go n burn 300 cals in cardio n taje another break from strength trainin its gunna be hard tho cuz i love lifting :(
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    You could take up to a week of rest days before it starts to impact your fitness in any meaningful way.