Carbs Carbs Carbs.

Options
greeentea
greeentea Posts: 24 Member
I eat way too many carbs. Even though they are from "healthy" food like greek yogurt and fruit. I find it honestly basically impossible to get under 150ish a day. Any help or low-carb options to suggest to me? (Besides celery and peanut butter...)

Thanks!

Ps. I want snack ideas not an interrogation... har har har.

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    what's your reasoning? 150g isn't much...
  • greeentea
    Options
    Lower carbs to debloat myself, I suppose. Not to mention that too many carbs just makes you feel heavy and gross and it'll hopefully help me break my plateau.
  • greeentea
    Options
    Literally it's always 150-200 and other people say that try to stick to 100 or lower. I don't see how that's possible unless you are eating less than 1,000 calories a day...
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Literally it's always 150-200 and other people say that try to stick to 100 or lower. I don't see how that's possible unless you are eating less than 1,000 calories a day...

That's because those people cannot comprehend basic nutrition or science lol... Your profile says you suffered from a damaged metabolism. Are you currently trying to rehab it or are you running a deficit?
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Carbs make me feel fast and strong. I eat 300 or so daily.
  • greeentea
    Options
    I literally cannot get my body below around 130. The only way I feel like I can get down to around 125 is if I crash dieted. I ate next to nothing for an entire year but that was THREE years ago. I wish my body wouldn't gain so easily... I really have to watch myself. I feel so frustrated with it but I don't know what to do.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Use the carbs you're eating to lift some heavy barbells. You look awesome just as you are.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    I literally cannot get my body below around 130. The only way I feel like I can get down to around 125 is if I crash dieted. I ate next to nothing for an entire year but that was THREE years ago. I wish my body wouldn't gain so easily... I really have to watch myself. I feel so frustrated with it but I don't know what to do.

Well... first of all relax. You look GOOD, and you aren't stepping on stage to be critiqued by other's so cut yourself some slack. You don't have a deadline, so the whole process of transformation takes a while. Don't rush results...

I would HIGHLY suggest looking into videos by Layne Norton on youtube about rebuilding your metabolism slowly. Carb's are not your enemy. What does your daily intake and macros look like?
  • greeentea
    Options

Well... first of all relax. You look GOOD, and you aren't stepping on stage to be critiqued by other's so cut yourself some slack. You don't have a deadline, so the whole process of transformation takes a while. Don't rush results...

I would HIGHLY suggest looking into videos by Layne Norton on youtube about rebuilding your metabolism slowly. Carb's are not your enemy. What does your daily intake and macros look like?

I took a break from logging for a week or so, but feel free to friend me and take a peek. And there issss kind of a "due date". I'm moving out to the west coast nearing the end of August and I'd love to feel confident and fit better into all the beautiful clothes I already own!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    at 5'6 and 128, you are not remotely overweight and look pretty good to me.
    How about you focus on reshaping your body via strength/weight training, rather than losing more weight ?
  • greeentea
    Options
    Use the carbs you're eating to lift some heavy barbells. You look awesome just as you are.

Thanks, girl! My gym membership expired on the 2nd of this month so I've just been running outside and doing abs. I do miss the gym!
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    at 5'6 and 128, you are not remotely overweight and look pretty good to me.
    How about you focus on reshaping your body via strength/weight training, rather than losing more weight ?

I second this.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Your diary is fairly sound and balanced... as stated above, I'd recommend renewing your gym membership and adding in strength training a few times a week. You'll see more of a benefit from a body composition standpoint.
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I eat way too many carbs. Even though they are from "healthy" food like greek yogurt and fruit. I find it honestly basically impossible to get under 150ish a day. Any help or low-carb options to suggest to me? (Besides celery and peanut butter...)

Thanks!

Peanut butter actually contains quite a few carbs along with the fat.

Why do you want to eat lower carb and why do you think you are eating "too much" of them?

I'm confuzzled.
  • greeentea
    Options

Thanks!

Why do you want to eat lower carb and why do you think you are eating "too much" of them?

I'm confuzzled.

I mean, it is quite low carb compared to a lot of things like oatmeal or bread. Only 6 per serving. But I want my carbs to go down in hopes of breaking my plateau. No one ever associates "high carb" with weight loss, I feel...

I hate how this turned into an interrogation ... haha, I just wanted snack ideas, dammit!
  • SammyCardsFan
    SammyCardsFan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    almonds! Roasted and unsalted. Just a handful is low in carbs and helps curbs your appetite. Great snack.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, greek yoghurt, cheese, nuts, jerky, tuna, chicken, hard boiled eggs, 1/2 an avocado.
  • LolBroScience
    Options

Thanks!

I'm confuzzled.

I mean, it is quite low carb compared to a lot of things like oatmeal or bread. Only 6 per serving. But I want my carbs to go down in hopes of breaking my plateau. No one ever associates "high carb" with weight loss, I feel...

I hate how this turned into an interrogation ... haha, I just wanted snack ideas, dammit!

Thats because those who are educated about it have been around the block and know you dont need to cut out carbs to have a successful cut. By learning your reasoning, your goals, and challenges it makes it much easier to come up with a logical solution without having to neglect certain foods etc.

I would suggest this video as it is from the viewpoint of a female, you may feel you relate much better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93O9rofOkGk

However, if you choose to ignore the above: Eggs, Egg Whites with veggies, nuts, salad etc. Go for things that are high in volume.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Thanks, girl! My gym membership expired on the 2nd of this month so I've just been running outside and doing abs. I do miss the gym!

Look into body weight strength training. Tricep dips, squats, lunges, pushups, etc. For squats and lunges you can add weight by putting books or cans or other objects from around your house in a backpack and wearing it. Or do one-legged or curtsy squats to focus more body weight on one leg at a time.
  • Livdoesketo
    Livdoesketo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I only eat 20g carbs each day- nothing processed, no fruit, loads of green veggies. Snacks are chorizo "crisps", handful of almonds/unsalted peanuts, if I can fit it in 1 tbsp peanut butter, coconut chocolates made with 85% cocoa chocolate and shredded coconut, if I need a large snack I'll have some meat or cheese.