Question

Options
I notice alot of people asking questions about there working out and eating more cals.. However I just changed my Profile and took off the 30 min 3 times a week and it lowered my calorie intake.. that means that they have already added in the extra cals.. Then i log and they take away more cals why is that... This don't make any sense.. I understand you need more fuel to eat but if its already calculated in why do you have to eat it twice? It took me from 1710 to 1660

Replies

• spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I notice alot of people asking questions about there working out and eating more cals.. However I just changed my Profile and took off the 30 min 3 times a week and it lowered my calorie intake.. that means that they have already added in the extra cals.. Then i log and they take away more cals why is that... This don't make any sense.. I understand you need more fuel to eat but if its already calculated in why do you have to eat it twice? It took me from 1710 to 1660
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I think the way it works is that the site builds in a deficit for you so that regardless of whether or not you work out, you should still lose (theoretically). If you work out, you are supposed to eat those extra calories so that your body doesn't go into a starvation mode and prevent you from losing anything.
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    also if you regularly work out 3 times a week then you will have a higher resting metabolism and you are more active than if you don't so you need to eat more calories to burn anyway. then when you do work out it wants you to eat those because they are in addition to your higher kcal burn rate.