What do you wear on a 'fat day'?!

Options
I've been at this a while now, and although there's been little weight/fat percentage change I have noticed everything's a little more 'smooth'...HOWEVER I am going out this weekend and want to look good, yet having tried on everything I own I feel crap in it all :( what's the point in all the effort if in the end you feel worse than you used to?!even my old faithful dresses look frumpy and gross!waaaa I just need a moan!!!!!!

Replies

• jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    are you serious?! what about the one in the picture! you look amazing in it!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    1. You have a stunning figure
    2. Go buy a new outfit
    3. Have a great weekend

Simples :smile: :smile:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    My regular clothes.
    Every day is a fat day.....sigh.
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    I have a black wrap dress that always looks good no matter what size.
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    tumblr_monlrd2bSq1re0p41o1_500.gif
  • marfhutch
    marfhutch Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hahaha thanks for the varied responses guys! But think I explained myself wrong... surely you must have those days where everything just looks PANTS, and no matter what anyone says to you, your arms/legs/stomach all just look like you're at a fairground mirror?! I wish there were magic clothes for these days!!!
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I usually wear black pants (slimming colors!) and a flowy top. That way I can still look publicly presentable without being self conscious.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    clothes....

the answer is....i wear clothes...

however I do not wear my bikini....
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you're saying. I had this problem earlier this week. I normally always wear a sheath dress or pencil skirt to work, and on Tuesday, I was going to wear a white pencil skirt, but I looked fat in it. Yesterday, I looked awesome in it. Some guy who walked into the building behind me asked me if I work out. You know I do, honey.

If I'm feeling fatter than normal, I will just wear a fuller skirt and a belt that defines my waist.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    hoodie or tee , loose slip on pants
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hahaha thanks for the varied responses guys! But think I explained myself wrong... surely you must have those days where everything just looks PANTS, and no matter what anyone says to you, your arms/legs/stomach all just look like you're at a fairground mirror?! I wish there were magic clothes for these days!!!

I'm not sure men understand those days (my husband certainly does not). I do, but don't have much to offer. I've wondered why I don't own a moo moo for such days.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    yes def. black
  • xxDearyen
    xxDearyen Posts: 20
    Options
    I like to wear scarves on those kind of days. In terms of practicality, a scarf can hide the torso area that most females are self conscious about. Aesthetically, a scarf can look very fashionable if paired off correctly. And on a psychological level, having something wrap itself around you is nice. : )...
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Have you got any "secret support" skirts/dresses? They had smome nice Gok wan ones in (of all places) Sainsbury's - but I was between sizes so one looked HUGE and one made me look like a sausage. :ohwell:

I usually go for something which is wider in the skirt, maybe a bit empure-line (but not too maternity!) and as others have said a nice scarf or some statement jewellery keeps people looking at your (slimmer) face.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    On a fat day, Normally leggings and a baggy top!!!!!!!!!!

Black clothing all the way......!!
  • marfhutch
    marfhutch Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    On a fat day, Normally leggings and a baggy top!!!!!!!!!!

Black clothing all the way......!!

I defo agree on the first bit, except for in this case cos I'm going out! There will be photos and I don't wanna feel minging all night! Maybe a new black dress is needed.....Haha SHOPPING!
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    on a fat day i wear the clothes that fit my fat *kitten* :-) on a skinny say i wear the same ones :-)
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Normally nothing but my pants..... sat on my bedroom floor crying....... surrounded by clothes. :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Anything boob revealing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    When Im having a day where I feel everything makes me look fat I will wear an almost knee length slightly flowy dress with an empire waist. With either a belt or ribbon tied under my chest. That way it hides the tummy pouch Im freaking out over and also makes my legs look longer. I have quite a few dresses like this naturally lol.