Coffee Suggestions

Options
13»

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    well for starters ditch the chemical stew that is sugar free creamer. :)

Use organic half -n- half instead.

I also prefer grinding my own beans and using French Press. It only takes 4 minutes and makes really great iced coffee too. Plus, since we're lazy the grinder spits out the exact pre measured amount that we need to brew enough French Press for two tall cups and a glass of iced coffee later.

:flowerforyou:
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    When I make coffee at home with fresh ground whole beans and french press I drink it black (have enjoyed the taste of GOOD coffee since I discovered it on a trip to a Costa Rican coffee plantation). Especially a good light roast to maximize the caffeine

At work it's a different story. We have pre-ground folgers run through a drip coffee maker that isn't so tasty. I used to do the international delight stuff that we have and accepting the extra 90 calories, until I switched to half & half and saw that for the same amount it was only 30 calories. Sometimes we have sugar free hazelnut syrup that i put in, but only as a treat.
  • photosarah
    photosarah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I agree with frothing milk! You can get a handheld frother for like $3 from IKEA. And a little cinnamon also goes a long way (and helps with cholesterol).
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    coconut milk or stevia+unsweetened almond milk

Ohhh....coconut milk sounds like a good idea! I'll have to try that one.
  • lyssad86
    lyssad86 Posts: 31
    Options
    Almond milk! I also buy the sugar-free Torani syrups. I've been having salted caramel lattes and raspberry mochas for less than 50 calories a pop. :)
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners or stevia, so I use Vanilla Soy Milk in my coffee! It's delicious and has almost the same sugar count as regular milk!
  • rainbows1994
    Options
    Try almond milk. Or just go black. Then you don't even have to worry about the calories - i never log my coffee since I always just drink it black!
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk in lieu of creamer.