High protien diet?

Options
My boss is thinking about doing this high protien diet and wants a few of us to join her to keep motivated and do it together, its called ideal weight or ideal protien or something. One of our co-workers has already done the program and she lost about 80 lbs and has kept it off she looks GREAT! BUT the program has foods you buy with them and they are packed full of protien they have a meal plan for you basically and you cant have certian things no fruit or root veggies and you need to take supplmets. She said that she didnt buy the meals she just bought protien shakes or powder and made shakes and protien bars then had a real dinner...I was thinking about donig something similar but with my own foods and protien bars and or shakes. I just wonder if its possible to try to do the same kind of thing and get as much protien very little carbs and sugar as possible on my own? basically all i can think of is meats for dinner allowed veggies salads and protien shakes or bars and eggs and LOTS of water they say 120 oz a day. Has anyone been on this diet or a diet like this? or done something like this with your own foods basically just really high protien and trying to cut sugar and carbs?

Replies

• getfitcharles
    Options
    I honestly tried something like this for about half a week before it got too annoying (I'm vegan which makes it 10x more difficult I think). It's a good idea though if you're into strength training and want to conserve muscle mass as a main priority. I wouldn't say restricting carbs to that level is a great idea, especially if you're cutting out fruit and some veg since they're full of vitamins.
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Yea i think it says no more than 40g of carbs a day and you are supposed to take suplemts for the stuff your taking out of your diet but the program is so spendy about $400 a month so i was going to try to make up my own thing based off the program