Cauliflower pizza crust

Options
Has anyone tried this and is it actually any good? And like not just "healthy good" lol

Replies

• GoldenSheep
    Options
    made it recently and absolutely loved it!!! don't expect it to be anything like normal pizza crust or you'll be disappointed but its still amazing!!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I know you didn't ask so I apologize in advance, but we just made the 'holy grail pizza crust'. It was fantastic and half a 12" pizza can be 600 calories depending on topping choices.

Its NOT for lactose intolerant folks.
    Its 3 cups of cheese, 12 tbsp almond meal, 1-2 eggs. Then your toppings. There are some entries for it in the database.
  • gloglo65
    Options
    bump
  • SSarahh23
    SSarahh23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's amazing! It can be hard to eat depending on the toppings though, so I generally use a knife and fork.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I know you didn't ask so I apologize in advance, but we just made the 'holy grail pizza crust'. It was fantastic and half a 12" pizza can be 600 calories depending on topping choices.

Its NOT for lactose intolerant folks.
    Its 3 cups of cheese, 12 tbsp almond meal, 1-2 eggs. Then your toppings. There are some entries for it in the database.

If the crust has 3 cups of cheese in it, there must be something off on your calculations because the crust alone would be 600 calories.
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It is FANTASTIC!

Just be sure you really really really oil the pan down or use a nonstick surface (NOT a pizza stone) to cook the crust and make sure you make it thin and consistent. It really sticks to the pan and falls apart easily if it is too thick. I prefer it a little over done... it makes it just a bit crispy!

I made it and put spicy pizza sauce, veggie shreds "cheese", olives and sundried tomatoes. I'd eat this over "real pizza" hands down.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    cauliflower pizza crust is okay. Cauliflower Mac and Cheese (with roasted cauliflower instead of noodles), is amazing. You have to eat the pizza with a fork- which is how I eat all pizza- but the cauliflower crust never gets crisp enough. I actually like a lot of fake out foods, but this isn't one that I make often.
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Is the reason celiac's disease? I love my whole wheat pizza crusts. I have it down to a science.
  • dieKriegerin77
    Options
    Was skeptical... but it was really good.
    I have a head of cauliflower in my refrigerator for another go tomorrow. Try it!
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Can be for Celiac, I think it is Paleo safe, or just a plain gluten intolerance. Also, just to get more veggies and fewer simple carbs.
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. Its not for any special dietary reasons, just thought I could cut down on the carbs a bit. But I am very sceptical about all the fake out foods. If I want Buffalo wings then cauliflower tossed in Frank's Red Hot sauce isn't going to make the cut lol
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Can someone post the cauliflower crust recipe again please?
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. Its not for any special dietary reasons, just thought I could cut down on the carbs a bit. But I am very sceptical about all the fake out foods. If I want Buffalo wings then cauliflower tossed in Frank's Red Hot sauce isn't going to make the cut lol

I'm the wrong guy to talk to then. I'm a dietary vegan and 70-80% of my calories are carbs. Mostly starches.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I eat Paleo, and love Cauliflower "rice", but I'm not a fan of Cauliflower pizza crust. I make "Meatza" which is fun, and my kids love. Basically season ground beef with italian spices, spread it in a round pan, bake, transfer to cookie sheet, top with whatever and bake again. Yum.

And when I want Buffalo wings, I toss chicken thighs or wings in Frank's and bake... no breading needed, really.
  • KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It was better than I expected it to me, but honestly, it was way too much work for the results.
  • KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I eat Paleo, and love Cauliflower "rice", but I'm not a fan of Cauliflower pizza crust. I make "Meatza" which is fun, and my kids love. Basically season ground beef with italian spices, spread it in a round pan, bake, transfer to cookie sheet, top with whatever and bake again. Yum.

And when I want Buffalo wings, I toss chicken thighs or wings in Frank's and bake... no breading needed, really.

YUM!
  • xSTx
    xSTx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow ! Made cauliflower crust pizza or the first time today ! Made a few substitutions to the recpies ive found but its AMAZING !!!!!!!!!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    made it recently and absolutely loved it!!! don't expect it to be anything like normal pizza crust or you'll be disappointed but its still amazing!!

This. You aren't going to mistake it for pizza dough crust, but it's a tasty vehicle for getting the toppings in your face.

Just be sure you really, REALLY wring the water out of the cooked cauliflower before mixing up the "dough".