Anyone have one for Squash on the stove top not oven?

2»

Replies

• Cut up and saute in butter with onions - dash of garlic salt. I mix zuchini and yellow. Very good.
  • vkc1978
    vkc1978 Posts: 63 Member
    I like them sauteed in marinara sauce with zuccini :)
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Do you have a crock pot? If not, I suggest investing in one. It can be used as a make shift oven. I do have an oven, but never use it in the summer. So I use the crock pot in replace of it.

I usually wrap my squash in aluminum foil and let it cook over night (or you could do this during work) in the crock pot.
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    saute it with onions. salt and pepper to taste n spinkle with parmesan cheese YUM! or you can slice it, boil it until semi soft and put some cheddar cheese on it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    For summer squashes I slice them lengthwise and season, then cook cut side down in a hot skillet sprayed with a little oil until browned. I don't turn them because I like the uncut side to stay crunchy. Or use them in a stir fry.

For winter squashes, a pureed soup is yummy or I like to cube them and sauté in olive oil with chopped onion.

Winter squashes are also really good stewed with a pork loin.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Steam or sauté!
  • ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    forgot about this thread just now reading , wow thanks i will read all the replies this is yellow and we tryed just in the skillet with virgin oil with some onions and chives but i really didn't like it. im used to it being breaded i guess
  • cut it into chunks and saute it in an olive oil butter mixture. with some garlic and fresh rosemary and a little pepper. very good
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Risotto. With pretty much any other veg you fancy. Mushrooms and asparagus work well.