MFP has given me 1270 cals

Options
MFP has given me 1270 cals a day allowance should I be on more calories, I have at least 60lbs to loose, think it maybe too low, help!!

Replies

• SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Set it for 1.5 pounds a week or 1 pound a week. That will bump up the calorie allotment. You can always add exercise to create the bigger deficit
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I agree, set it to 1 lb a week, chances are you will lose more than that anyway. Mine is set to 1 lb a week and I lost 3 lbs a week.
  • sallyann10010
    sallyann10010 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok will try that thanks
  • nschweiker
    nschweiker Posts: 19
    Options
    If your concerned about it being too low, give yourself some extra calories and cut down to 1270 as you loose weight.

I know when I did WW, they would have you cut a point every ten pounds you lost. So maybe eat 1400, and then cut to 1350 after ten lbs then 1300 after 20lbs and so on. That way you get used to eating that amount, and ease your way into it.

Also definitely add exercise. I know it sounds terrible starting an exercise routine if you're living mostly sedentary. But after a few weeks you'll be addicted and feel better. I've lost 45 lbs so far, and my original goal was 60 as well. Just stick with it, and the weight will gradually fall off. Good luck!
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Guys n gals sorry to be a total noob but how do you change it to lose 2lb from 1lb????
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Anyone before I get some shut eye?
  • xRachTasticx
    xRachTasticx Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Go to your profile and edit it. It should be in there. =)
  • xRachTasticx
    xRachTasticx Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oops, I'm sorry. Go to the GOALS tab. Then you can edit your settings in there. =)
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Thanks ;)