50+ lbs.

Options
No, this isn't a success story...YET!

I'm wanting to lose 50 lbs by my 25th Birthday in March. I need some help along the way. Anyone else trying to lose 50+?

Replies

• Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I too am trying to lose 50 lbs. Stay within your calorie intake, don't eat after 7, exercise and drink 8 glasses of water. Good luck to you. :)
  • krockwell
    Options
    I've got 50 pounds to lose!

I'm hoping to reach my goal by February 17th, so very close to when you'd like to meet your goal.

Best of luck to you hun! :)
  • jeanineadele
    Options
    I have 100 to lose.but I've already lost 13. You should be able to do 50 by March, That is 7 month's away, it's during the winter though and it looks like you have a little one so you may need to join a gym or buy some exercise CD you can do at home.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20, but I could still do 50. I had only counted on losing 50 initialy but now I want to go all the way to next June. So I'm on board.
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the 50+ group ;)
    I haven't set a goal date because I'm not exercising so it's coming off slow. My advice is find something that works for you and stick with it :)
    Good luck!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I am down 50 and have 50 to go.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs in 7 months just doing a 1 hour spin class twice a week. The only thing I changed in my diet is that I stopped drinking pop (4-5 cans of coke a day) and went exclusively to water. I was 21 at the time and I went all out every class, but I had a blast. I am putting this here just so that you guys know that it can be done.
  • snowangel1975
    Options
    I have 45 to lose, and my goal is Also March. I'm watching my sodium levels, I try to stay under....it's sooo hard. Drink your water, as much as you can.
    I found my biggest weight loss was last month 8.5 lbs, I ate heavy cals for Breakfast and Lunch, for supper I ate lean protein and a really big salad. I tried not to eat too many carbs for supper.
    It was working for me and I will continue to do so.
    Good luck on your goal and best wishes!!!
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 68lbs. intially. Then after I accomplish that HUGE goal, an additional 20lbs. Got 5lbs down.
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    I've got a little under 50 more to go but the best advice I can give is if you exceed your calories one day it isn't the end of the world and you can get right back into healthy eating the next day. I see too often people have 1 day where they didn't do so great and it spirals into a week of not doing great, and then a month, and then I never see them on mfp again!

Good luck with your journey!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    The picture is of me and my baby nephew. I have only one 5 yr old step-son.

My biggest obstacle is that after working 8 hrs and doing assignments I'm too tired to do anything. I also have trouble with eating at night. :|

Good luck to everyone!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I've got a little under 50 more to go but the best advice I can give is if you exceed your calories one day it isn't the end of the world and you can get right back into healthy eating the next day. I see too often people have 1 day where they didn't do so great and it spirals into a week of not doing great, and then a month, and then I never see them on mfp again!

Good luck with your journey!

I agree with this whole heartly. I never beat myself up for going over one day. I know its gonna happen and this is a lifestyle change not a diet so it has to be incorporated into your life as something you will stick with not just the short term.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I agree. I've had a few days where I eat terribly and then it just continues for months. I keep "starting over" all the time. This time I want it to be different. I'm becoming more active with the forums to have support and to keep myself motivated. It's really motivating to see all of these before and after pictures.
  • mmackenzie
    Options
    Got 70 lbs to loose....I keep wondering how did this happen. But I think it is just not being in touch, not wanting to be aware of my body and health, because it is easier. Now, thinking about having baby #2 , I need to get to a healthy wght before dealing with pregnancy and its myriad of "pleasures". My goal is to document everything that goes in my mouth, no exceptions! And to walk 3 times a week with the baby for 1 hr. Accountability needs to be my goal, I am the only one responisble for my health and body.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I once was at 160 and got down to 120. Then I ballooned up to 180. Honestly I don't even remember going up to 130, 140, 150, etc. I don't remember any of it. It was that fast. It was all fast food really. I'm documenting everything this time too. And this time I will keep it off. Good luck!:)
  • mmackenzie
    Options
    Isn't it funny how lbs add up with out you realizing, yet trying to shed them times seems to slow down. I'm trying to find the middle ground where I 'm in constant healthy connection with my body and wght. With anything that is worth it, it takes work.
  • klhawk97
    Options
    I see this was started a few days ago, but I would like to join also. Need lots of motivation!!!!