Kim's and Kanye's stupid baby name

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    That's sad. Kim's body sure went south with the pregnancy. :laugh:
    Well that's a pretty b*tchy and uncalled for thing to say. Don't figure you've been through a pregnancy.

it was hilarious!
    It wouldn't be so hilarious if I came up with something equally as b*tchy and demeaning to say to the person who posted that comment, would it.
    People wouldn't be laughing then.

People gain weight with pregnancy. It's a fact of life. While the woman isn't on my top 10 list of people, she's a beautiful woman with trainers and nutritionist and I'd be willing to be in two months she'll look better than........

Oh nevermind. It would be b*tchy to say.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    it is kinda dumb poor kid is going to be in a driveing situation wanting to go north west. but remember mj named two of his kids prince jr1 prince jr 2 come on two kids with the same name

What about 5 with the same name?

George Edward Foreman has 10 children. His 5 sons are named George Jr., George III, George IV, George V, and George VI. The 4 younger sons are known by their nicknames "Monk", "Big Wheel", "Red", and "Little Joey". His 2 daughters are named Freeda George and Georgetta. On a separate relationship, he had 3 other daughters namely Natalia, Michi and Leola. In 2009, he adopted a daughter Isabella Brandie Lilja.
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    at least its not a common boring name like Michelle, Debbie or Jennifer.

This. I suppose people enjoy the "blending in" of having a super common name that's main significance is "Well, it was a popular name at the time." If your aunt's a Debbie, or your mom's favorite author was a Michelle someone, at least that's got meaning. Not a, "Well, I liked it." Hell, North seems like a pretty name to me regardless of the kitschy last name with it, and it's rather unique. Sure, a name's what you make it, generic or no... but nonetheless, a name's still an important thing. I guess coming from two sides of people who desperately tried to cling to their "weird" names coming to America, I'm less about the, "Name the kid something normal because normal is something to strive
    Let's wait for the, "But that kid's going to get beat up" retorts... because, you know, we should totally hold the kid and/or parents accountable for the bullying antics of another child.

And now I'm out, because I thought I left ONTD behind years ago.
    I'm a Debbie and though it may be super common, like i got to choose? and may have had great meaning to my parents, who knows?
    Naming children different or initially, unusual names is a super predictable thing to do , maybe the compass has a deep incredible meaning to them, or maybe she was named after the North Star? But it is difficult to care ........
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    it is kinda dumb poor kid is going to be in a driveing situation wanting to go north west. but remember mj named two of his kids prince jr1 prince jr 2 come on two kids with the same name

What about 5 with the same name?

George Edward Foreman has 10 children. His 5 sons are named George Jr., George III, George IV, George V, and George VI. The 4 younger sons are known by their nicknames "Monk", "Big Wheel", "Red", and "Little Joey". His 2 daughters are named Freeda George and Georgetta. On a separate relationship, he had 3 other daughters namely Natalia, Michi and Leola. In 2009, he adopted a daughter Isabella Brandie Lilja.

This poem came immediately to mind:

Did I ever tell you that Mrs. McCave
    Had twenty-three sons and she named them all Dave?
    Well, she did. And that wasn't a smart thing to do.
    You see, when she wants one and calls out, "Yoo-Hoo!
    Come into the house, Dave!" she doesn't get one.
    All twenty-three Daves of hers come on the run!
    This makes things quite difficult at the McCaves'
    As you can imagine, with so many Daves.
    And often she wishes that, when they were born,
    She had named one of them Bodkin Van Horn
    And one of them Hoos-Foos. And one of them Snimm.
    And one of them Hot-Shot. And one Sunny Jim.
    And one of them Shadrack. And one of them Blinkey.
    And one of them Stuffy. And one of them Stinkey.
    Another one Putt-Putt. Another one Moon Face.
    Another one Marvin O'Gravel Balloon Face.
    And one of them Ziggy. And one Soggy Muff.
    One Buffalo Bill. And one Biffalo Buff.
    And one of them Sneepy. And one Weepy Weed.
    And one Paris Garters. And one Harris Tweed.
    And one of them Sir Michael Carmichael Zutt
    And one of them Oliver Boliver Butt
    And one of them Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate ...
    But she didn't do it. And now it's too late.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    at least its not a common boring name like Michelle, Debbie or Jennifer.

I'll take boring over stupid, thanks!
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When she turns 18 she can get a tattoo right above her hoo ha that says "Welcome to the South - North West" :drinker:

Awesome!
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well that's a pretty b*tchy and uncalled for thing to say. Don't figure you've been through a pregnancy.

it was hilarious!
    It wouldn't be so hilarious if I came up with something equally as b*tchy and demeaning to say to the person who posted that comment, would it.

People gain weight with pregnancy. It's a fact of life. While the woman isn't on my top 10 list of people, she's a beautiful woman with trainers and nutritionist and I'd be willing to be in two months she'll look better than........

Christ on a cracker it was a joke, lady. North, south.....get it? No?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I thought the baby's name was actually Kimye. So I'm actually finding North West to be a bit of a relief on the baby's behalf.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere the name was Kadence.................Gotta keep up with the K's
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

it was hilarious!

I don't care about people mocking the name. It's a name.
    But for some woman on fitness board to make fun of how much weight another woman gained during her pregnancy.
    Well that's just not funny or right.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

it was hilarious!

Oh no...don't EVER joke about her weight gain on here.....or like me you will be hounded for it & not even know what was said in the topic. I made just such a comment & WOW...... people sure must have let fly...I never went back into my topic I made & it got deleted & people actually were rather vocal about it in other topics.

I guess the fact that she ate for 200 is beside the fact right?
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    The child will never be bullied or picked on. He will go to private school with other rich kids with ridiculous names. I don't feel bad for the kid at all. I feel bad for all of us who need to see this crap. And the fact we talk about it.. Totally feeding into it and doing what they want us to do.

ah come on....you know you love it...thats why you are posting here. :)

several times
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

I have! 2 of them actually and I thought her joke was pretty funny.
    You know you don't have to gain 80 lbs during a pregnancy if you pay attention to what you eat and exercise, right?
    It's not like she was bedbound with a medical condition.
    Also, the fact that she wore designer clothes in bigger sizes instead of maternity clothes really didn't help.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

it was hilarious!

Oh no...don't EVER joke about her weight gain on here.....or like me you will be hounded for it & not even know what was said in the topic. I made just such a comment & WOW...... people sure must have let fly...I never went back into my topic I made & it got deleted & people actually were rather vocal about it in other topics.

I guess the fact that she ate for 200 is beside the fact right?
    So you spent a significant amount of time with her, then?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

I have! 2 of them actually and I thought her joke was pretty funny.
    You know you don't have to gain 80 lbs during a pregnancy if you pay attention to what you eat and exercise, right?
    It's not like she was bedbound with a medical condition.
    Also, the fact that she wore designer clothes in bigger sizes instead of maternity clothes really didn't help.

:flowerforyou:
  • CoachB6
    CoachB6 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I loved this entire book when I was little and would laugh and laugh when my mom would read it to me. I read it to my kids now:-)
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That's as bad as a family whose last name was Tree that named their daughters Merry and Holly.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I went to school with Candi Barr.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Do pregnancy like the Duchess of Cambridge, not like Jessica Simpson. Pregnancy is not your ticket to unlimited ice cream!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the other posts so this may have been said already. They should have spelled it "Knorth." :tongue: