seriously wat does it mean if she gets on da machine next 2u

Options
and there are others available that would give us space

example that happened today:
7 stairmasters. there is one person using the far right one. i get on the 4th one from the right.
then one girl gets on the one to my right. 5 min later another girl takes up the one on my left.
so there are 4 of us total out of 7 machines and i am sandwiched between two skinny girls
i wanted to look at them but kept facing forward.
all i could make out from my peripheral was blonde and brunette / hot pink tank top / black yoga pants on both/ hot dayum

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It means she wants you to stare at her.
  • infamousdrew76
    infamousdrew76 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    What is the point here?

I get on the machine I want...maybe it is the one I like and it is open...maybe it is one in front of the tv that has espn on!...why does it have anything to do with you?
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Seriously tho, how old are you dude?
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    It means she wants you to stare at her.

Yep.
  • ziggiezambi
    ziggiezambi Posts: 253
    Options
    A little too late to ask that question now, don’t you think?
  • Stump_Likker
    Options
    Seriously tho, how old are you dude?

Lol
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Just pass her a note asking her if she likes you and circle one yes or no. :laugh:
  • That_car_is_full_of_balloons
    Options
    if its one girl i pay it no mind, just a freak occurrence
    BUT A SANDWICH?
    were they battling it out for my stares?
    i dont understand it. why do girls do this?
  • whierd
    Options
    BUT A SANDWICH?

because all women hate each other and they were having a silent duel to see who you would choose as the hottest one so she could take her place as the Alpha Female of your gym.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    It means I am checking out your scent for compatibility.

It is all very scientific. If your sweat releases pheromones that increase the intensity of my workout, then you have the potential to increase the intensity of other workouts I will be engaging in.

If the data is good, I will flirt and give you my number. If I do, bring your A game.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    BUT A SANDWICH?

because all women hate each other and they were having a silent duel to see who you would choose as the hottest one so she could take her place as the Alpha Female of your gym.

no one takes MY place:angry:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Um...it probably means that each girl has a preferential machine.

I didn't know that guys read into stuff like this the way that girls do. We learn something new every day, I guess. *shrug*
  • whierd
    Options
    BUT A SANDWICH?

no one takes MY place:angry:

*bow*
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    nothing...................
  • Stump_Likker
    Options
    I was talking to a guy two machines over. All of the other machines were empty. Another woman got on the machine between us and started talking to the guy ( an no, they weren't there together). I chuckled, put on my earphones and started moving. I dont get the silly games. I'm not at the gym to pick up anybody. Insecurity is a mother I guess.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's an area she likes.
    I have one elliptical I always like. Right by the ESPN TV. I get mad if somebody else is on it.
    I don't care who is next to me. It's what I like

So it could be nothing.
  • SmallestGoal
    SmallestGoal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I worry that guys think I'm hitting on them when I pick an adjacent machine -- looks like that worry is founded.

I, like most, prefer solitary machines to avoid radiant heat and sweat fling, but if no other machines are fully functional, gotta bite the bullet. I run into things like the headphone jack doesn't work, no iPod plug, one of the menu buttons is dead, none of the others are close enough to the fan, anything that's going to interfere with me getting the workout I want means I don't want that machine. I'm looking to sweat, not looking for ~loooove. IMO, if I look good at the end of a workout, I didn't try hard enough.

If she's looking AT YOU, repeatedly, maybe she's flirting. But sometimes I like to look at adjacent machines' readouts/displays to compare my workout to theirs -- gives me a bit of competitive umph to squeeze out a few more METs -- so make sure she's actually checking out your body. Give her a friendly smile either way, but if you don't catch her looking back repeatedly, leave it at that.
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    BUT A SANDWICH?

Weird is right, there is a chart in the ladies changing room demonstrating who are the most desirable wonen, and alpha females of the pack, sexual politics and power issues are always resolved by using gym equipment . If you get the power plates your dead meat
  • PGG19
    PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I tend to pick the same machine if I can, regardless of who is next to it....
  • alisha_1983
    alisha_1983 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    It means she wants the "D" :wink: lol... Isn't that the REAL reason ppl go to the gym anyway? To scope out prospectives?