Back to work tomorrow

Options
So tomorrow I go back to work. I have been off all summer (TEACHER) and have enjoyed working out for 90 minutes a day. I won't have that time anymore. My plan is
AM: 30 Day Shred
Lunch/PM: Jog
Weekends : 90 minutes of Wii

I am also worried I am going to pick at food more!
I haven't tracked it in my log yet but I have lost 20 pounds (did an unofficial weigh in today) and I am TERRIfied that I will gain it back.
Any advice, tips or suggestions?
THANKS!

Replies

• hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm also going back to work this week. I'm worried about not having the time or losing the motivation to work out. Good for you for planning to work out so often. I am just thinking of trying to get in a half hour most days. I will also be working hard to plan my meals in advance so I have healthy food on hand at school as well as at home so I don't get tempted by fast food on busy days:) Good luck.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Perhaps plan ahead your meals and snacks which should stop you from picking. :smile:
  • countrymama08
    Options
    I go back on Tuesday. I plan on hitting the gym for a streamlined workout. I have a time limit to get my daughter and then get home to cook dinner.

I tend to pick at food as well. I also get sucked into social conversations, the internet, and doing things I don't need to do. That increases my anxiety and then I eat more.

I likely will be eating more since I feel like I have to bring snacks so I don't run to the vending machine. I am going to pack my fruits and veggies snacks along with a simple lunch. I can only eat or drink what it in my bag. I am hoping making "rules" for myself will help me.
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I go back next week but plan on bringing a lot of low cal. snacks (carrots, celery...) with me to munch on whenever I can so I don't over eat during lunch. I might just might try to stay away from the cafeteria all together.
  • countrymama08
    Options
    Stay away from the staff lounge too. I think we are being offered food daily this week. Ugh.

I have in the past, cut carrots into slices. It makes them like carrot chips. Nice way to eat them and feel like it is a treat.
  • LindaLou1397
    LindaLou1397 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I go back on Wednesday. I work as a cashier for food service and get free breakfast and lunch. It's really hard to pass the free meals up for what I bring from home. School meals is part of what caused my problem to begin with. They sure aren't calorie controlled. Wish me luck.
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like your carrot idea. I do the same thing with cucumbers.
  • countrymama08
    Options
    I do it with cucumbers too. I have found that they are hit and miss as far as taste goes. They really have to be in season or the seeds are big and they are not as tasty.
  • MOUSELADY
    Options
    I think you still will do well. I know a difference in a schedule change can change everything else. If possible try to plan your meals ahead of time. And you already have a plan made out for your workouts. In the beginning you may have to try a few changes to see what works best for your day. You will be fine...because you didnt do all that hard work for nothing:flowerforyou:
  • xlizzislegend
    Options
    I'm going back to school too! I'm an intern teacher (one more semester [student teaching]) and then GRADUATION!!

Anyways, I'm also worried about working out. :/
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    THANKS GUYS!
    I did pack a huge bags of snacks and foods that won't cost me a million calories. I also am going to try to eat a good balanced breakfast and I made my dandelion root tea to bring tomorrow.
    GOOD LUCK ALL AND THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
    I don't think I could have done this without this site and everyone that is part of it!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    best of luck...i have one more week left of summer and i am terrified of reversing good progress simply by indulging in the lounge food :) it sounds like you have a good plan set and as long as you stick with it and your healthy snacks you will be good to go :)
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm on the other side of this. My daughter goes back to school tomorrow. So I'll be back to walking her there and back, and have a few quiet hours. It's time to get back into my tai chi practice schedule that I've been slacking on over the summer. I need to get loosened up again before the push-hands workshop next month!
  • jgilbe
    jgilbe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I go back to work Thursday. I plan to work out at least four nights a week after school at the gym for hopefully an hour and then on the weekends. I too am worried about maintaining the workout schedule with school work. I plan to take a light healthy lunch and keep healthy snacks on hand at school if I need a quick pick-me-up. I also just bought some protein bars as an afternoon snack to give me a boost for the end of the day and the energy I will need to get to the gym. I hope everyone has a great start to the school year!
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    Going back to work will be a breeze as long as you are as motivated as you've been all summer. I have lost 22 lbs since 3/10. I started walking about 3-4 nights a week atleast 3.5 miles each. But since its been so miserably hott since like may I havent been going. But, I have been totally dedicated to eating the way I was when I was excercising alot. Just think of lunch time as time to give your body fuel. Eat what you know is healthy and filling and then use the rest of time to do something constructive. You'll be fine, just stay on track. And excercise when you can, dont try and kill yourself. I have 2 boys and with school starting soon I know I'll have less time to work out but I WILL FIT IT IN WHEN I CAN. You just have to be creative. Good luck!!!!