My story so far

CkepiJinx
CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
I started last August with just fixing my diet. Once I lost about 35 lbs and felt like I had my eating where I wanted it I started exercising, first walking, then walking at an incline on a treadmill, and now I have started running. That exercise has become part of my life that I enjoy a lot.

Now it's time to start building strength so I am starting with simple exercises I can do myself at home, crunches, squats, and push ups. I want them to become routine and normal. Once I feel I have accomplished that I would like to move to weight lifting.

I know many will say lift now but I have to do it my way. I have a plan that is working for me and I have goals.

At this point I have lost 75 lbs from 293 lbs to 218 lbs.

I have gone from a women's size 26 being snug to a women's size 12 fitting comfortably in shorts and from a 3x/4x to an extra large in shirts.

I have lowered my resting heart rate from the 80s to the high 50s/ low 60s.

my blood pressure has gone from averaging 120/90s to 90s/60s.

My diary is open and you will see I eat, I have days that my net is low do to activity but I am eating at least 1700 calories most days sometimes over 2200. I try not to net too low too often and I eat food I love. I eat out when the mood strikes, I eat chocolate and cheesecake, and pizza and steak. I drink beer and soda and vodka when the mood hits me. I enjoy my life!

I am Sharing my story so far because I see a lot of people stressing over every bite they eat, every exercis they miss, worrying about going out with loved ones or attending a party. I think sometimes this can turn people off to this site and to trying to get healthy. I just want people to see you do not have to starve, you do not have to give up things you love, you can enjoy life and food and still lose weight and inches. You can improve your over all health even if you don't eat perfectly.

If this helps one person feel better and more empowered and less like they are failing that is enough for me.

May you all have success in your goals!

Replies

• Beleren
    Beleren Posts: 142
    Great job!
  • CkepiJinx
    Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Thanks for sharing. I have such an "all-in" personality that I find myself thinking that I need to eat perfectly, log every bite, hit my water goal every single day, and work out like a warrior. I am making fine progress by not being perfect, but still for some crazy reason, strive to be. Thanks for the reminder to strive for progress, not perfection.
  • fitbyfaith75
    fitbyfaith75 Posts: 22 Member
    You are doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    That's terrific, congrats on your success. I believe you hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned. In the past I have strictly limited myself and always ended up giving up. This time around I'm having the treats I like but eating better the rest of the time and it's been working wonderfully. Balance is truly the key to long term success. Good luck achieving the rest of your goals!
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Thanks. I needed a reality check today. I've been a bit down in the dumps today as I've been eating too much this week and not exercising because I've been in pain but hey...tomorrow is a new day :o)
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Great job!
  • JulieGirl58
    JulieGirl58 Posts: 158 Member
    Thanks for the inspiring update. My weight is coming off so slowly but I have lost inches. I'm really trying hard to change my eating habits this time and take my sugar cravings.
  • :flowerforyou: Sounds like you have really got your goals set and your motivations are great. Like you have figured out what many don't, that you should be able to eat foods you enjoy never starve yourself and any excercise is better than no excercise. Congratulations and keep doing what you do, at your pace. Because in this life we choose our paths and walk them alone, noone can choose our paths for us or walk them for us. Congrats again..
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Congrats, and thanks for sharing. For every one person that lets you know that you are inspiring them there are probably three to five others that are quietly being inspired that you will never know about. Thanks again for taking the time to do this.
  • CkepiJinx
    Congrats, and thanks for sharing. For every one person that lets you know that you are inspiring them there are probably three to five others that are quietly being inspired that you will never know about. Thanks again for taking the time to do this.

Thank you , that means a lot, and based on the number of friend requests I have gotten after posting this I think you are right!
  • rachelc677
    rachelc677 Posts: 83 Member
    Thanks for sharing you pretty much took the words out of my mouth :flowerforyou:
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    An excellent story. Very nice to see someone who sees that life is about enjoying yourself, balancing that against health and fitness. Your path sounds very similar to mine, well done, keep it up!
  • jmoliveson
    jmoliveson Posts: 40 Member
    Your story is so amazing! Congrats on all your success and thanks so much for sharing because, for many of us counting calories, sugars and fat is a new practice. I am glad that you are still doing great but your not depriving yourself. I have to give up sweets and junk food at least until I feel I am on track but I am glad you shared that it doesn't always have to be that way!
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Awesome!! You're doing great!
  • Way to bloody go with the 75 pound weight loss! Congratulations and what an accomplishment!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Good job!! Your are clearly very resolved in reaching your goals!! I also see a lot of people stressing on here over every bite, eating out etc. I occasionally do it too. I think for most of us it's just another way of showing our issues with food. Food is without a doubt my addiction and I have to learn to control that addiction every day. Sometimes it means I worry about very bite. I'm afraid if I relax I will back slide.
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Excellent post!:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!