Most Embarrasing Gym Moment. . . .

Replies

• Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Doing yoga and I didn't notice the floor was damp under my mat. I was doing a downward dog and for some reason my feet were on the floor not the mat. The mat slipped out from under me and the top of my head hit the floor. Classy
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    I was in LA visiting a friend and he wanted to go work out. I work out a gyms here where Iive and was like, "Alright. That sounds good." We split up when we got here so that we could do our own thing. Well, I love the eliptical and when I went in, the entire room was full. The gym was big and it was like rush hour at the gym because all the treadmills, stationary bikes, elipticals were full. Aside from that, I was the only fat person there. The people weren't even chubby. None of them even glanced at me so that was one of those so far so good feelings. The trainer that was there smiled at me and actually genuinely pleased I was there and when a girl got off her eliptical,he (the trainer) gestured toward me to use it. So I did but I felt a little alien being there so I tried to focus because I knew that no one gave a *kitten* about me, they were so focused and it looked cool. So wanted to look cool and focused too. Well, I started going at it and was going a little faster than I'm used to going because I wanted not look like a pansy. About 10 minutes into my I broke consentration because I realized the trainer was watching me and tripped myself up. I fell off and I kind of bounced. All that when through my head was an episode from the Simpson's back in the 90's or early 00's and Homer went to the doctors and the slapped his belly to see how long it would jiggle and it just kept going.

I did lift myselt up and get back on but was completely relieved that my friend walked in the door way to look for me after I fell. I did tell him later and he cracked up but by then I was over it.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Love all these stories.
  • I joined a gym that was huge..It was soo big that I couldn't remember where the ladies locker room was and ended up asking a guy for help. I'm a butch lesbian (woman) but I look manly sometimes, well he pointed towards the mens locker room...
    OMG my eyes, naked men..yuck!!
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    So far nothing major, but I do hate to get to the gym and find out I don't have everything I need. For instance, planning on running on the treadmill with Zombies, Run! app but don't have headphones, or get as far as the locker room and have everything for spinning class, except for shoes!
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    I joined a gym that was huge..It was soo big that I couldn't remember where the ladies locker room was and ended up asking a guy for help. I'm a butch lesbian (woman) but I look manly sometimes, well he pointed towards the mens locker room...
    Count your blessings, they could have been naked old men.
  • halzuzu
    halzuzu Posts: 60 Member
    Got a bad leg cramp during a yoga pose, fell back and hit my head pretty hard. The worst part was that everyone in the class (including the instructor) just laughed instead of checking to see that I was okay considering I smashed my head pretty hard :(

Another time, Butt sweat through some light gray workout pants looked like I had an accident. Only black from now on.

Oh well..at least I didn't fart or at least no one has heard me fart ;)
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    I should get my sister-in-law to post, she has quite a story to tell.

As for me, about five years back I got off the elliptical and my legs were like jelly, so I tried to walk as normally as possible, and one of the employees said something to me. I looked over at them, smiled (while walking) and walked into the door. ='3 Lucky me . . .
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    after the birth of my first son, my friends and I decided to join a gym. things were going good until we started to do some higher intensity stuff... lets just say no one told me the importance of kegels before... I was lucky to be wearing black, that it was the end of our workout and it was a minute amount that got away from me... -_-
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Years ago I was in a step class and had two risers under the step. I'm 5'2". I thought I was doing pretty well, then of course, didn't quite get my foot on the step and fell off. To this day I have flashbacks when my trainer wants me to do something involving the step bench.
  • I joined a gym that was huge..It was soo big that I couldn't remember where the ladies locker room was and ended up asking a guy for help. I'm a butch lesbian (woman) but I look manly sometimes, well he pointed towards the mens locker room...

they were
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    In college, I was at the school gym early, when only the football team was there. I was using the rack for split squats and the bar was a tad too heavy. I took a knee, but couldn't get back up. Or put the bar on the rack at all. I looked around aimlessly, not in any pain, but immobile. A nice football guy saw me and lifted the bar back on the rack with one hand like it was nothing and assured me to my feet. Not a fall on my face emberissment, but stuck to the floor. And feeing rather weak for only lifting the guys one arm curling weight.

(Not?) suprisingly, this was not the only time a large amount of weight pinned me to the ground awaiting rescue.
  • duqtape
    *assisted. Stupid auto-correct.
  • duqtape
    I'm rather klutzy, to be nice.

And outside of the gym one:

The first time I rode my road bike with clipped shoes, I thought I could stop at a red light and stay standing on the bike, like the awesome guys do. Problem was, I had no idea how to do it and promptly fell over. I couldn't rotate my foot to get the pedal to release, nor could I reach the laces to untie my shoe. (You can't just push yourself back up. It requires a foot on the ground)
    While struggling to get free and upright, a car of college kids pulled up, rolled down the windows (I thought I was saved with some kind help!), then proceeded to point, laugh, and squeal away.

I win at road biking.
  • paulstapleton
    paulstapleton Posts: 8 Member
    tripped and fell on treadmill,spat me out the back so fast ,it wasnt a good look still use treadmills though.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    I joined a gym that was huge..It was soo big that I couldn't remember where the ladies locker room was and ended up asking a guy for help. I'm a butch lesbian (woman) but I look manly sometimes, well he pointed towards the mens locker room...

I have been there. I had just finished a heavy leg day, and could barely stumble back to the locker room, so I'm watching my feet carefully so as to not trip. I head in and move towards my locker, and hear the sound of a blow dryer from near where my stuff is. I look up to avoid running into the man presumably drying his hair and see instead an old man, bare as the day he was born, with one leg propped up on the bench and blow drying his testicle. I had no idea how to react, but he just looked up, gave a friendly wave, and went back to what he was doing. In order to get to my locker, I would have had to kneel down right at blow dryer level, so I decided that I perhaps had to pee. When I came back, he was dressing, so I sat down to change. He was a friendly guy, and chatty, but during the entire conversation, I just couldn't get that image out of my brain. Some things, once seen, can never be unseen.
  • BecahhRose
    BecahhRose Posts: 21 Member

I have been there. I had just finished a heavy leg day, and could barely stumble back to the locker room, so I'm watching my feet carefully so as to not trip. I head in and move towards my locker, and hear the sound of a blow dryer from near where my stuff is. I look up to avoid running into the man presumably drying his hair and see instead an old man, bare as the day he was born, with one leg propped up on the bench and blow drying his testicle. I had no idea how to react, but he just looked up, gave a friendly wave, and went back to what he was doing. In order to get to my locker, I would have had to kneel down right at blow dryer level, so I decided that I perhaps had to pee. When I came back, he was dressing, so I sat down to change. He was a friendly guy, and chatty, but during the entire conversation, I just couldn't get that image out of my brain. Some things, once seen, can never be unseen.

Bahahah OMG
  • *kitten* hanging out 2 yrs ago..ugh lol
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    This thread has made for a late night baby feeding session filled with my unsuccessful attempts at silent laughter. Bumping for later, in case I remember a story to share
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Hmm, twice now ive been in mid flight when ive hit the emergency tag on the treadmill. Its stops almost instantly and both times ive nearly ended up *kitten* over head.

Packing more weight on the Tricep extension pull over and losing my balance, having it throw me back into the machine.

Makes a massive 'CLANG"!!! Just so everyone notices.