New favorite food?

Options

Replies

• ecdce
    ecdce Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Asparagus. Grilled or roasted. Not steamed. And no sauces or weirdness. And I'm the only one who likes it so I get it all to my greedy self.

I do not, however, like the smell of my pee afterwards. But its good, in a way, because I chug water after I eat it to get rid of the smell as fast as possible :)

I'm also learning to like fish. The only fish I've eaten before was canned tuna (pink, not white. I still hate albacore tuna). I've tried (and mostly enjoyed) mahi mahi, salmon, tuna steaks, and tilapia.
  • jessicafunkyy
    Options
    I used to never eat vegetables but now I eat them alllll the time. The other day I was even craving a salad. I used to hate salads.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    zucchini!!!
  • Dani19711
    Dani19711 Posts: 33
    Options
    Sweet potatoes mashed with coconutmilk
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    Salad! Idk why but i love it so so much
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Quinoa

"KEEEEEN- WHAAA" lol
    awesome!
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Avocados!! I used to only eat them occasionally as guacamole, but now I eat them with everything!!
  • purplepiggy1
    Options
    chickpeas, apples (one a day), capsicum and brown rice
  • marise1113
    marise1113 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Avacado
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    For the most part, there isn't anything I like now that I actually disliked before. The only thing I can think of are walnuts.
  • yum2leal
    yum2leal Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    muesli - just love it for breakfast :love:
  • twhite4550
    twhite4550 Posts: 25
    Options
    Spanish sardines on a Misua soup. So good! :heart:
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I always assumed I wouldn't like vegetable burgers, bean burgers, almond burgers, etc because I don't like the regular kind and thought the taste mimicked it.

I am now in love.

Also, brown rice, avocados, and I even tried soy milk in granola instead of eating it plain like usual (I have been a lifelong plain cereal/granola eater) and enjoyed it.

These were all things I had never tried before and probably never would have given a taste though, nothing I actively disliked before my lifestyle change.

I'm trying hummus for the first time this week so we'll see how that goes.
  • ColdKarmaGrl
    ColdKarmaGrl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt....much higher in protein AND it's better than soured cream.
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i would eat greek yogurt for every meal but i would never go to the bathroom again :-/
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Smooties with kale and spinich and fruit...greek yogurt but not in my smooties blah.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate. I used to think it was bitter and waxy. Now I want to marry it.
  • stepsandskips
    Options
    I love roasted kale chips - and do the same thing with Brussel sprouts - pull the leaves apart, spread on a cookie sheet, toss with sea salt and spay olive oil, bake at 425 for 10 minutes and I have a delicious snack!

I have also discovered there are certain brands of seasoned croutons that have little to no fat and they satisfy my need for savory and crunch.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    REDBULL does that count???
  • soniams
    soniams Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many delicious foods I have discovered over the past three years. Beets (love these roasted with dinner or in salads for lunch). Arugula (this is my salad staple). Broccoli (I liked this even before my weight loss but now I eat it for dinner on a regular basis). Berries (mixed in with oatmeal for breakfast each day). Brussels sprouts (this one is a big surprise for me, I resisted trying them for so long).