LOT of weight to lose, looking for support :)

Options
Hello - I have at least 200lbs to lose and have made a fair start. I am doing Lighterlife at the moment to give myself space from food.

Looking for friends and support in my journey :)

Replies

• xRachTasticx
    xRachTasticx Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I have a decent amount of weight to lose myself. I'm thinking about 100lbs, but it may be 130, according to my doctor.
    I'm happy to join you in your pursuit of health! =)
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My goal is 200 as well. I dropped 29 in about the last month just cutting calories and avoiding sugars and grains.
  • becktacular90
    becktacular90 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ah awesome :) What methods are you hoping to use to beat the demon weight? haha:) x
  • jesuison
    jesuison Posts: 34
    Options
    I am trying to lose about 85, so I will be here to help support!
  • bigmike1712
    bigmike1712 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also have a hell of alot to lose, been doing this MFP for a few months. Logging in and tracking every day and have lost quite a lot but don't want to log my new weight in case it makes me complacent and stop haha. I've just upped my protein level and reduced my carbs by way of not drinking fizzy drinks anymore and just sticking to water. I've also found if you have one cheat day / big meal a week it really reduces the cravings for the fun foods we all love.
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I lost a ton and always have room for improvement! You can add me and I'll be your buddy!
  • becktacular90
    Options
    Wow - what a lot you've lost Krista! Well done!

Aww hi Mike :) Thanks very much for your support. When you do have a huge amount to lose, it can seem a little intimidating - and I am well aware that half a stone can be as huge to someone as 400lbs can be to someone else! Will be great to share this journey with you all x
  • lindabuchan50
    Options
    Hi, I have 7 stone to lose for health reasons, as I have arthritis and type 2 diabetes. It seems a mammoth task and isn't going to be easy. Im a registered nurse and have a very physically active job. Its getting too painful because of all the weight I'm carrying. So I am very happy to buddy anybody who feels like me, that they need a lot of support to get there.:smile:
  • ckey50
    ckey50 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi my name Christy I am have problem lose weight,I am planning on surgery ,I drink slim fast but it seen like they make me hungrier ,with copd it hard to work out,I have no one help me at home I start going to support groups , I workout with both my leg,and arm,I. Don't eat out or fry food I only been eat fish bake and chicken grilled stream veg ,only 300 cal for each meal if I drinks the slim fast shake it 190 cal ,but 30 min I am hunger, help what can I do,I drink lot of water no coke ,tea
  • BridgetMoans
    Options
    hi im new here.... hoping to lose weight mainly for health reasons - stacked on way too much recently.
    Open to hearing from lots of different people so we can support each other and swap notes ;)
  • becktacular90
    Options
    Hey there :) Nice to meet you! Hopefully you can reach your goals with support too! x
  • BridgetMoans
    Options
    thank you! :smile:
  • jaokiray
    jaokiray Posts: 22
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Believe it or not, simple things make a huge impact and it before you know it you will be a new you!
  • BridgetMoans
    Options
    thank you again, getting excited now.

how long does it take btw for the 'excitement' to disappear? lol.
  • jaokiray
    jaokiray Posts: 22
    Options
    That is dependent upon the person tbh. It might be that day when the stomach starts to grumbling too much or that last 100 meters seems to stretch to eternity or that 5 lbs turns to 50 lbs :tongue: But, believe it or not, the 'excitement' comes back when you conquered it and sometimes when you share the achievement!

I'm not sure how you are going to be tracking your progress, but I find it is also beneficial to do measurements! Sometimes the scale can be disheartening, but then I have found the measurements kept my spirits up. Pound for pound--i'd rather have gained a pound muscle and lose an inch than just lose a pound. (advisory: personnel opinion) :bigsmile:
  • BridgetMoans
    Options
    sound advice.

I need to purchase a tape measure - if there is even one big enough!

for now, will still trying to understand fully the site, i feel it will take a while, but I generally end up getting there.

I guess I am all excited because its shiny and new, but yes, if I do my best the reward will ultimately be shifting the weight.

- onwards and upwards!
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have around 170 - 200 to lose myself. The support here helps me stick with it.
  • jennimc13
    jennimc13 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP, I have been here a few weeks but only decided to started posting today..time to stop doing things on my own! I have a fair amount to lose too. Have lost 19lbs in the last few weeks by doing the 5/2 diet and uping my activity levels. It feels like such a massive task at the moment, but as I see the lbs drop my motivation goes up. However we all need a little kick sometimes or a pat on the back. Good to have people in the same boat encouraging each other.
  • robinschwalb
    robinschwalb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me guys....
  • zanusifiona
    Options
    I too have a lot of weight to lose approx 5 stone (100lbs)
    I would be happy to support anyone and would welcome their support too.
    Good Luck!