Weight-loss Success, Maintenance and LIFE!! From one who kn

Options
2»

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I know the loss can be the easy part sometimes. And maintaining can be terrifying. I think every body is different and it just takes a bit of trial and error to figure out what your body needs to stay consistent.

I personally love what exercise does for me. It de-stresses me, keeps my heart and body strong and it allows me to eat more!! :laugh:

Also, eating plenty of fiber...makes me full on much less food. And for me, NOT focusing on the scale is the best thing I can do.

:flowerforyou:
  • Izzys_mom
    Izzys_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Thank you so much for sharing your story. It is a real inspiration, and I think it is a model that I can follow and that will work for me.
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    Wow, I'm so glad you posted that story.....I am truly inspired...my journey has just started but I can only hope to be as successful as you.
  • markei1
    markei1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    you have a truly wonderful success story and not just in terms of weight loss. stepping out and doing what's best for yourself and your boys. you are an excellent role model and I appreciate you and your journey. keep up the good work!
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    You are an amazing woman! I too had left my husband but had no kids involved which would of been a lot harder! I fluctuated with my weight after that but lost a lot! I was pretty big before! It takes happiness with life and yourself to overcome everything! Proud of you! keep up the good work!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    How good to "see you" around again.

Sympathies and congratulations on the divorce...and what a triumph to get through such a stressful time without turning to food! You're totally a heroine, and a brave one.

• TamTastic
    Options
    You are an amazing woman! I too had left my husband but had no kids involved which would of been a lot harder! I fluctuated with my weight after that but lost a lot! I was pretty big before! It takes happiness with life and yourself to overcome everything! Proud of you! keep up the good work!
    That's so true! Im proud of you too! You look great!! :)
  • TamTastic
    Options
    How good to "see you" around again.

Sympathies and congratulations on the divorce...and what a triumph to get through such a stressful time without turning to food! You're totally a heroine, and a brave one.

Thanks!! Good to see you too! How have YOU been? :flowerforyou:
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine how difficult it was to end your marriage, when you are pregnant and feeling so vulnerable. I wish you every blessing in your walk. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    You are an amazing woman!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Thanks for being such a positive role model and sticking around to inspire the rest of us. You are beautiful!!!
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing such an inspiring story! It just goes to show that it is never to late to choose happiness and live your life out loud!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    You're the bomb Tam...so very proud of you!
    :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! Good for you for keeping at it, even through all of the difficult times.:smile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    You're the bomb Tam...so very proud of you!
    :flowerforyou: :heart:
    Thanks Kim!! :wink: :smile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks so much!! :smile: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hi Tam. I have never commented on any of your posts but I did follow you through your pregnancy. What an inspiration you are. I too was in a bad relationship. It was almost 20 years ago and I have come so far since then. I have a wonderful husband who adopted my kids and we have a son together.

I have not been able to tackle the weight problem though. I have been on weight watchers, sparkpeople.com and MFP. I'm back on MFP as of this past Sunday and doing well. I'm actually doing it this time for reasons other than weight. I was recently diagnosed with IBS. I was given meds for it. The first one didn't work and the second one made me want to sleep ALL THE TIME! I finally told myself that eating healthier foods would probably be the best medicine. I started tracking again and making I have a plethora of fruits and veggies and healthy snacks. I know that fruits and veggies can aggravate the IBS but I figure they're better than the fried, greasy, unhealthy foods I was eating!

I guess I went on a bit of a tangent didn't I? Really I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you and it's so nice to know it can be done even through stress, pregnancy and life in general! Keep up the great work!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    When I first joined MFP, I was all over the boards and that's how I first met you. Just over two years later, and you're still here - having reached your goal. :) I rarely even check out the forums anymore. But I do still keep up with the tools here because, let's face it, MFP offers the best tools online. Anyway, I was just browsing and came across this post. I had no idea how much you've been through the past year or so. I'm glad you posted about it. And I'm even more thankful that you choose to stick around MFP. :) You continue to be an inspiration to so many - me included. Thanks.
  • ilenem
    ilenem Posts: 25
    Options
    BUMP! BUMP!BUMP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!