What strength training/Lifting Program do YOU use?!

Options
124»

Replies

• Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Pretty much whatever Cathe dvd I feel like doing for the day. Usually Gym Style Legs and Pyramid Upper Body but I toss in other things as the mood strikes.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I've been doing NROL Supercharged since Feb.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Doing a few cycles of 5/3/1. Next might try PHAT or Doggcrapp.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using Wendler 5/3/1 plus Big But Boring. It's more effective for an intermediate lifter.
    I wouldn't recommend it for a total beginner / someone who is used to things like chalean or p90x.

but you asked so.

I really love it so far. In and out of the weight room in about an hour, 4 days a week.

Really loved the 5 sets of 10 deadlifts @ 135 yesterday. Hoooooah!

you can get an outline at strstd.com

I do the same. Sometimes I add in additional accessory lifts.

This is me too!

I also do yoga and run a couple of times a week.
  • andybendy
    andybendy Posts: 4
    Options
    im back on the SL 5x5, bust up my shoulder, but now ive been given the all clear to lift, so ive gone back to the beginning and its helping with the rehab too, i do a few kettlebell workouts and lat pulls, working on pull ups but still using the assistance machine, ill get there though.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I just moved from an upper/lower split 4x/wk to having a 5 day split. I prefer to dedicate a major body part with its own day and legs twice a week. However this routine isn't recommended for beginners. Strong lifts is a great program but boring to me and doesn't meet my goals. Design my own program, with my workouts constantly changing or somedays I lift with my husband and his training partner.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I generally work a push/pull/lower split. cardio twice a week, PRs every month or two. The question is not what lifting regimen you use, but rather what lifting regimen you can surely and quickly progress upon.

i care almost zero about compound vs isolation. as long as progression reigns.

Push/Pull/Legs is my second favorite split and love what you say!
  • tryin08
    tryin08 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'll join that! Especially if part of the PinkLift program also includes eating PinkBerry :smile:
    That's our first marketing tie-in. Though my wife hates pink and I know she is not alone.
    Well maybe we can make it a badass hot pink with zebra stripes or a skull and crossbones.

3 things.

1) Gallon of pinkberry a day. (GOPAD instead of GOMAD.)
    2) Pink is ironic, to break down gender stereotypes.
    3) Once a month you take a 3 day deload cycle, have a good cry after each workout, and get a gallon of ice cream. Also, you don't have to weigh in that week.
    You had me at number 3. I want in!
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend You Are Your Own Gym (YAYOG) by Mark Lauren. There is a book and an app for the phone that goes with it. After following it for 4 months, I cannot imagine myself ever going to the gym again or ever buying any weights. Your body and its own weight is the best tool you can use. It has completely transformed my body which I never achieved before while going to Body Pump, lifting heavy weights, etc. It's also only around 30 minutes a day 4-5 days a week.

THIS is what I need to try. No gym membership for me. Woo hoo-thanks!
  • Joydriven
    Joydriven Posts: 46
    Options
    Just got Contreras' Strong Cuves and love it! So many versions from just the basic booty to the advanced and love the adaptations if not able to make it to the gym for a day or at all. It's a really well thought out book! And very nicely written.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Have used 5x5 and Wendler's 5/3/1. Currently using my own creation focusing on reverse pyramids.

The reverse pyramid allows me to use the heaviest weight while my strength is at it's peak. I mix in sprints, prowler pushes, farmers walks and long walks for my "cardio." Works very well for me.
  • gigoypotpot
    Options
    Bump. I'd like to keep track of this thread. Thanks for all the awesome input!