LOT of weight to lose, looking for support :)

Options

Replies

• bonniebuchholz56
    Options
    I have a about 100lbs to lose so I would love to be a part of some support.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    I have alot to lose also! Feel free to add me!!
  • latinlil
    latinlil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are you overwhelmed with replies? I was encouraged by your shout-out. That's such a positive way to start your journey. I have to say though, in your pic you don't look like you have anywhere CLOSE to that amount of weight to lose! I started a weight-loss challenge at my local Y, for the third time, but this time with my husband and it's exciting to have the whole family on board. But I'm happy to add friends and accountability. You should start a group - with all these replies I think you'd have a great community around you.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    A standard seamstresses measuring tape was too small to get some of my measurements when I first started I was more mortified by that than I was by the 360 pounds I saw on the scale! I just added on with string and then measured the string.. Glad I got the measurements because they DO change sometimes even when the scale is stalled for a month Also don't forget about before and during and after pics. I often feel no different at all despite a hundred pound weight loss.. when I feel like that I just look at my "before" and most recent "during" pic and I feel my motivation returning.

Edited to add.. After losing my initial 70 pounds I had VSG weight loss surgery. Just wanted to throw that in there since it's an important contributor to my success.

wow - thanks for all that - extremely helpful.

you certainly are a lady on a mission

pardon my ignorance, what is VSG surgery?

VSG stands for vertical sleeve gastrectomy. It's where 75% of the stomach is surgically removed but the intestines and natural entry and exits of the stomach are not touched. It's different than the bypass.. With the bypass it creates a small pouch in the stomach and the intestines are then rerouted and attached directly into the pouch. This causes malabsorption of nutrients and calories and also "dumping syndrome" if sweets or too many carbs are eaten. With the VSG surgery, there is no malabsorption of nutrients or calories and no "dumping"... Everything works just as it did prior to surgery but you're not as hungry because the part of the stomach that produces the bulk of the hunger hormone ghrelin has been removed... and you're satisfied with smaller portions of food. Hope that makes sense.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im pretty new here to..Would like more friends ..So add me if you would like..And good luck to you!
  • latkinsonvarn
    Options
    Wow! You are doing fabulous. Just remember that it will not happen overnight. Keep your head up and keep moving. : )
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You've got this! :happy:
  • RudyKot
    RudyKot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've got a lot to "loose" - hopefully together we will be the winners!
  • Kryssy8140
    Kryssy8140 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

After trying to complete the master cleanse (the lemonade juice fast) a GAZILLION times and failing each one, I finally decided to try and lose weight by eating right, working out, and limiting my calories. I'm looking for friends to join me on the journey as well. I am looking to lose about 50-60 lbs total. Right now my starting weight is 183 and I'm hoping to be down to 130ish eventually.

Please feel free to add or message me :)

Krystina, 30
  • rebecka95
    rebecka95 Posts: 15
    Options
    hello! i have 33 lbs to lose ;I
  • becktacular90
    becktacular90 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

Haha thanks for the wee comment about my photo, but I can assure you I have 200lbs to lose as a STARTER! I am overwhelmed by the support I have had so far here - I was concerned that the amount of weight I have to lose would put people off contacting me. So thanks!

Some of you have done soooo well! Any motivational tips except keep in touch? x
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've got about 82 lbs. to go on my journey. it would be great to support each other on this. please feel free to add me!
  • becktacular90
    Options
    Hi smtatertot :) Nice to have your support on board! Thanks for taking the time to comment :)
  • amazinglyanna92
    amazinglyanna92 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!
    I'l support you and give you encouragement. You can do it! :)
    I have 45 more lbs to lose and I could also use some support of you're up for supporting each other. I'll send you a f.r.
  • bkgirl2001
    bkgirl2001 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am also looking to lose 100+ lbs and would love to have some support along this journey. Friend request sent. Let's do this thing together!!!
  • becktacular90
    Options
    Hi amazinglyanna and bkgirl! Thanks for replying - will be great to have you on board. I can use as much support as I can get!

:)
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been here since April 8th & was losing 2# plus every week. Suddenly this past week I only lost .6 pounds and I honestly don't think I did anything differently. Very frustrating but I'll keep working at it. I have another 150+ to lose, so I'll be here for the long haul.
    I log everything I eat, try to exercise at least 30 minutes/day & my diary is open. I'm inspired by your progress so far - keep up the good work! Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would love to have more friends that are supportive! I still have about 70 pounds to lose and I'm determined to do it the right way. Anyone that wants can add me. I log in everyday and will help support everyone :)
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me!
    i love making new friends!
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mom to 5 kids, a personal trainer, and Beach Body coach. I've lost over 60lbs in the last year and love motivating others. Feel free to add me!