Diet whey?

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations on diet whey? At the moment I am having reflex diet whey but I was wondering if there was a better one? I use them as I don't consume enough kcals, I have a busy lifestyle so don't get much time for food. I do prepare in advance but there's only so many meals a day you can take with you and keep fresh. Please so negatives telling me I should eat my protein instead of drinking. I quite enjoy a shake and it makes my days easier

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    What is diet whey and why are you drinking whey protein instead of getting your protein from whole food sources?
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    PetiteLittleFlower Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    What is diet whey and why are you drinking whey protein instead of getting your protein from whole food sources?

Did you not read my post properly? I did ask for no1 to comment on needing to get my protein from whole food. I don't get time. I have explained this
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use 90+ nutrisport ,great macro's !

Nutrisport 90+ Protein Nutritional Information

Per Serving:
    Energy 187KCal
    Protein 45g
    Carbs 1.4g
    Fat 1.4g
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    If you have an issue consuming enough calories, why are you trying a diet whey? I would presume they're lower in calories?

I have The Protein Works 90% Chocolate Silk - tastyyy! 25g with 250ml skimmed milk (or whichever milk you like!) and it's like a milkshake :smile:
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would think its more a matter of personal tastes as some are really nasty..see if your local health store might have some samples to try out or single serving packs
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Sorry, just confused on what diet whey is. Anyway, I'd go with Isopure Dutch Chocolate. Best tasting Whey I've ever had.

220 Calories per serving
    50g protein
    3g carbs (2g from dietary fiber)
    1g fat
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    Options
    If you have an issue consuming enough calories, why are you trying a diet whey? I would presume they're lower in calories?

I have The Protein Works 90% Chocolate Silk - tastyyy! 25g with 250ml skimmed milk (or whichever milk you like!) and it's like a milkshake :smile:

Because I am still trying to loose weight but its a meal replacement as I don't get enough time to prepare all my foods. I don eat bread so can't make a sandwich and can't have too much dairy. I also want the added protein as i don't get a lot
  • taiyola
    Options
    I tried a few before this one - most were vile!

Looking at your diary, your protein intake is usually 100g+ - I wouldn't say you need to be having more than that. I would increase your calories if I were you. Once you hit maintenance, it's going to be hard on 1200!
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    Options
    I would think its more a matter of personal tastes as some are really nasty..see if your local health store might have some samples to try out or single serving packs
    [/quote

I had one with flax seeds in, wasn't too bad but the texture was v unusual
  • taiyola
    Options

Because I am still trying to loose weight but its a meal replacement as I don't get enough time to prepare all my foods. I don eat bread so can't make a sandwich and can't have too much dairy. I also want the added protein as i don't get a lot

Are there any medical reasons for you not having bread or 'too much dairy'? I try and avoid high fat purely because I have a stomach condition, but otherwise there isn't a reason for you to not eat bread etc.

Today you've had 140g protein - how much are you aiming for?
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    Options

Looking at your diary, your protein intake is usually 100g+ - I wouldn't say you need to be having more than that. I would increase your calories if I were you. Once you hit maintenance, it's going to be hard on 1200!

I was just wondering if there was a better one. I am trying to increase Hun, it's just hard wrk with 3 kids. I have a lot of fruit so couldn't have more than that, I do add my exercise on tho which Is why I'm left with kcals. Does that make a difference?
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    Options

Are there any medical reasons for you not having bread or 'too much dairy'? I try and avoid high fat purely because I have a stomach condition, but otherwise there isn't a reason for you to not eat bread etc.

It's because iv had a lot of chicken today and a protein shake. I don't aim for anymore than 150g. My shakes are meal replacements, not mainly for the protein. I have digestion problems so cut down on wheat, dairy sensitivity and gall stones so little dairy and little fat or I'm in pain
  • taiyola
    Options

I was just wondering if there was a better one. I am trying to increase Hun, it's just hard wrk with 3 kids. I have a lot of fruit so couldn't have more than that, I do add my exercise on tho which Is why I'm left with kcals. Does that make a difference?

I know you're probably running around a lot with the kids, but simple changes could up your calories, and then when you reach your goal it wont be as hard upping calories. You can't stay on 1200 for the rest of your life and you can lose on more :smile: Your net calories for today are only 961.

I would advise searching the forums for 'TDEE' or 'in place of a road map' and it will open your eyes.
  • taiyola
    Options

It's because iv had a lot of chicken today and a protein shake. I don't aim for anymore than 150g. My shakes are meal replacements, not mainly for the protein. I have digestion problems so cut down on wheat, dairy sensitivity and gall stones so little dairy and little fat or I'm in pain

Ah :smile: 150g is still rather high I would say, especially on 1200 calories - Maybe look on diary examples for people with similar condition to yourself?
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    Options

I know you're probably running around a lot with the kids, but simple changes could up your calories, and then when you reach your goal it wont be as hard upping calories. You can't stay on 1200 for the rest of your life and you can lose on more :smile: Your net calories for today are only 961.

I would advise searching the forums for 'TDEE' or 'in place of a road map' and it will open your eyes.

I have consumed 1261 kcals today. I am not blind to the fact that I need to eat more I just don't know what to fill these extra kcals with.
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I actually find it harder to add healthy calories then to subtract ..now that I'm starting to get active again I got to bump myself up another 500 cals roughly ..I love naked or bolthouse protein smoothies as both are close to 400 cals and roughly 25-32 grams of protein ..loaded with other good stuff too! Other wise some baked pretzles or some yogurt and you'll be on your way. Ive yet to try it but using almond milk in smoothies instead of milk is supposed to be great too!