It's official - I'm too skinny for my boobs...

Options
mizzie1980
mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
So, I'm trying to see this as a NSV, and I'm sure there will be plenty of girls who see this and wish they had this problem. There is a certain bra that I really like, I've worn this same type for years (Playtex 4159, if anyone cares). They are comfortable and supportive, but not underwire, which I can't stand. When you are larger chested, but can't stand underwire, finding a supportive bra is crucial!

Well, my current bras, although they are still in good shape, are just getting too big for me. And I'm sure all you ladies know the value of a comfortable, properly fitting, bra. Men: It's kind of like having comfortable underwear, the wrong one can just ruin your day. So, time to go bra shopping... yea... :grumble: Well, I figure out what size I need, and realize that they only have one in that size. In fact, they had one 36D, one 38D and a whole slew of 40-44Ds. *sigh* I grab the 36, try it on and it fits. Ok, great, but they only have one.

Long story short, looking around the rest of the bra department and I only see 3 or 4 36Ds in any style. I get that one, go home to order more and see that it's the smallest they make in D cup. If my chest gets any smaller without my boobs shrinking, I'm going to have a real issue finding bras!

So, I'm making the official deceleration: I'm still on the pudgy side, I could stand to lose another 10-20 pounds, I suppose, but I am officially just getting too skinny for my boobs. :huh:

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    That's not a hard size to find I think, I go to soma
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    When I have a hard time finding what I like in the store, I order more online. If you have a brand and know your size, go online to get more. Just a suggestion.
  • mrsriisky
    mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That's not a hard size to find I think, I go to soma

This. If you can't find the style you currently love in your size, shop around! There are a lot of places which will size you for free, and show you great styles for you- you can find your new favorite style/brand! I'm one of the ladies that, in theory, would love to have your problem (sporting the "add two cups" Victoria's Secret bra here haha), but I understand that it is entirely based on the person, their body type, their preferences- I have plenty of friends that want bigger boobs, and plenty that want smaller!

My best advice would be to be proud of your weight loss, and take a "me day" to go out shopping for that new perfect style that makes you feel sexy and confident!
  • PaintedAlice
    PaintedAlice Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well done you! I'm in the UK, but we have a great bra shop here for those 'blessed' with bigger sizes :ohwell:

It's called Bravissimo, and here's a link: http://www.bravissimo.com/

I'm sure there are lots of others, but you can have fun now finding bras in your new size... and make sure you get measured properly. I totally sympathise though; it's so annoying when your go-to reliable brand doesn't work for you any more.

Enjoy your new size!
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's irritating to have to look for a new favorite bra. I used to love the Lane Bryant bras, but they don't make a band smaller than 36 so I had to look all over for a new one. Then I found my current favorite but I've lost weight since I bought this bra & I've learned that I'm now in the smallest band size & largest cup size they make. Grrrr! In another 10-15 lbs I'll have to start the whole search all over again.
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    Well done you! I'm in the UK, but we have a great bra shop here for those 'blessed' with bigger sizes :ohwell:

It's called Bravissimo, and here's a link: http://www.bravissimo.com/

I'm sure there are lots of others, but you can have fun now finding bras in your new size... and make sure you get measured properly. I totally sympathise though; it's so annoying when your go-to reliable brand doesn't work for you any more.

Enjoy your new size!

same.. bravissimo is the best for smaller numbers under the bust measurements and larger cups sizes too! D cups are easy to find in uk shops and online its when you go over the G cups you have a much smaller market to choose from :/
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Im uk 34f cup down from 36ff and these days I can get bras even from the supermarket clothes range easily!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34D. It's not that unusual a size.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no 34-36 D is not an unusal size but that would be why they are hard to find them....They have all been bought.:tongue::tongue: :tongue:
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If you can't find one in a 36D try on another in an equivalent size:

http://www.brasize.com/bra-sister-size.html

This site has a great chart for "Sister bra sizes" that are the same as what you normally wear. Check it out, and I'm sure you will find you have way more options than you thought :flowerforyou:
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 34J.... Enjoy finding that for a reasonable price!!
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I had that problem shopping for nursing bras. It is really frustrating, but I'm a 36D and most department stores have plenty to choose from. Good luck in your hunt!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    no 34-36 D is not an unusal size but that would be why they are hard to find them....They have all been bought.:tongue::tongue: :tongue:

The Great Bra Famine! So many unsupported breasts! THE HUMANITY!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Try being 34DD. Bra companies seem to think that's impossible.
  • the_britster
    the_britster Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Victoria's secret honey, they have an array of sizes and styles :wink:
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

I find 34DD hard to find in the store (I've been told it's a popular size) but don't have an issue finding them online. It is true that there are lines where DD doesn't go below 36, though.This is my current favorite (and I see it's on sale, tempting to stock up although I might have to wait and see how much more I lose):
    http://www.onehanesplace.com/outlet/bras/bali-bra/bali-lace-n-smooth-seamless-underwire-bra
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I find 34DD hard to find in the store (I've been told it's a popular size) but don't have an issue finding them online. It is true that there are lines where DD doesn't go below 36, though.This is my current favorite (and I see it's on sale, tempting to stock up although I might have to wait and see how much more I lose):
    http://www.onehanesplace.com/outlet/bras/bali-bra/bali-lace-n-smooth-seamless-underwire-bra
    I won't buy a bra I can't try on.
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I understand your bra frustrations. My band size used to be a 36. Since loosing weight and getting skinnier, my 34 band size is now too big....I really need a 32, but that size is harder to come by. On top of that I've dropped at least 1 cup size. Thinking a 32C will be hard to find, needs to be measured again.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I second (or third, fourth, fifth) the comment on getting a professional bra fitting. I had been a 50C and after a fitting, found that I'm a solid 40C now. My current favorite bra is Vanity Fair - Beauty Back Back Smoother Wirefree #71380. It's a super comfortable t-shirt bra that makes the girls look AWESOME. Well, I also bought some bras at Victoria's Secret too, but the VF bras are more comfortable. (Probably because the VS bras have thin straps and bands... made for super skinny girls without back bat.) LOL But they still make the girls look good. I really like my leopard print bra.
  • mariebmcd
    mariebmcd Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think this is a wonderful problem to have. The FIRST thing to go is my boobs. Last time I lost a lot of weight (for my wedding) I went from a 36D to a 34A. :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!