50lbs down/onederland/ FINALLY something worked :)

Options
Nyksta
Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
I'm not gonna leave a big long story (ok, well maybe I will :D).

Been big for as long as I remember and at 18 stone 4 lbs at 18 and being diagnosed with PCOs (and subsequently told I'd never have children) I decided to tackle the bulge through weight watchers when I was around 19. I got married at 20 just over 40lbs lighter and 9 weeks pregnant :);)

8 years later and I was back at 18 stone "something", maybe even hitting 19 stone. Over the years my weight had gone up and down, just like life had. I'd tried all the Fads - I lost a fair amount low carbing and done well with a fitness bootcamp but I hadn't been able to keep any of it when life could rough.

A friend kept telling me about MFP. A good YEAR had passed and I kept insisting that I did not have TIME to log my food and count calories.

HA. What a fool.

I gave in and thank my lucky stars because here I am, 8 months down the track and over 50lbs lighter. I've dropped 4 jean sizes, my wedding ring keeps sliding off and I'm wearing dresses and heels for the first time in 10 years.

The most satisfying thing for me has been to see my confidence grow. I now feel like a woman, dress myself nicely and hold my head high when I walk down the street.

I've gone from not being able to get a seat on the tube (because nobody wants the fat chick squeezed in next to them) to have THREE gentleman get up and offer me a seat (after my daughter was offered one first).

I still have a lot of work to do but I now look forward to the challenge and the work and the CHANGE. I know I can do it now and I know I can sustain my weight loss. I still MFP as a life long tool that I use to help me make appropriate choices and makes me accountable for what I eat.

Along with logging food I've made sure I've made time for exercise - no matter what (believe me, I am one busy lady) but I use an exercise bike - even if just for 20 mins, swim, walk and occasionally "jog" - well I'm working on it :D. I've also completed the 30DS and have just started the program again with some new weights I bought this morning.

ok, so I did end up writing a big long story :p Below are some pics because I know that's what ya'll love really ;)

8 months difference

2759e75f-4666-473e-8498-1d531581e69d.jpg

My daughter and I all dressed up for her end of year school concert a few weeks ago (and me wearing a dress for the first time in a decade)

26ae68c0-5183-446d-a201-9192a0fbd297.jpg

Date night - last night :)

8946c029-e342-4c1d-839d-178e352d5300.jpg

I'm still a progress in motion but am proud of my achievements so far :)

Nyk

Replies

• londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    seriously stunning results,

so pleased for you and too right you should be proud of yourself, well done :)
  • Nyksta
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    WTG hun!
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    U look awesome! So much difference.
  • rachelc677
    rachelc677 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story...You look amazing and I am sincerely happy for you :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    congrats! and your daughter is quite the cutie as well!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Congrats on your success!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Amazing! So inspirational!
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!

Your story sounds so familiar. I'm sure many of us have been caught in the trap of yo yo dieting and trying every fad diet going. And then we found MFP, which actually works!

I know you will achieve all your goals! Great job, so far! :flowerforyou:
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    SO beautiful and what a joy to see your child ;)
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    That's fantastic! You look amazing! Congratulations on your progress :)
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    A truly great story - not only did you get your unexpected baby :smile: but you got a fantastic success with your weight loss - well done you :flowerforyou:
  • MAvila66
    MAvila66 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good Job! May I ask what is a "stone"?
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You've done amazingly on your journey to date. You look beautiful in your dress. You have every reason to be proud of your achievements. :)
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    You look so beautiful!! You have done a great job in your journey. I gives me hope and the encouragement that is needed to keep this journey going. It is a life choice and we all will make our goals.. Congrats to your successes!!
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options

A stone is equal to 14 pounds, from what I have read it is a British unit of measurement. But someone please correct me if I a wrong :wink:
  • Nyksta
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your compliments and comments. TBH, I've always known I could LOOSE weight, it's always been the keeping it off that's been the problem. As soon as life got rough (Which is has done, more times than I'd like to think of), the weight crept back up. Life's not been a bed of roses in the past 8 months, I'm juggling work (where things aren't great), study (doing a course I'm finding really hard) and dealing with a husband with depression as well as being mummy, yet I've continued to keep my health as a priority and just proves this does not have to go out the window when things are tough!! I see this as a permanent and steady journey that I can continue.

Hehe, 1 stone = 14lbs or about 6kg ... I've measured in all these over the past months but I've always known my weight in "stone" so used that in my post...
  • farida1960
    farida1960 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You did the hard work so be proud of yourself! I am proud of you.
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My sweet Nyk! I am so very proud of you!!! You are an amazing person! You are looking fabulous girl. Keep it up!!! Love and Hugs!
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!