A pound here, a pound there.

Options
So... my daily calorie allowance is 1200. And for the majority of the days I'm usually eat 1300 to make up for some of my exersize calories. I have my goals set at 2lbs/ a week, but the past 3 weeks, it's been minus 1.5 lbs, minus .9 lbs, and this last one was minus .6lbs I know what most of you are going to say.... I'm losing! And that's the main thing... losing inches and losing lbs is excellent, and I don't deny that. What I don't get is how come it's not been 2/wk or even when people eat way more or way less than me, they can still lose 2-3 lbs /week.
I have had one goal to get under 200 for months now, and I'm stuck at 205.6, and just feel like it's going to take me FOREVER to see that #1. And I'm trying not to obesses, or dwell on it, but I don't know what else I can do?

I am so dedicated to this site and to a new healthy lifestyle, I'd just like to see a little more results come from all I'm doing!
Any comments? Thanks friends!

Replies

• Misslynn
    Options
    Change up your excercise routine. Just the samllest changes can sometime help boost you weight loss again.
    I hope it helps you. I know I personally would like the weight loss myself to come off faster, but smaller amounts at a time is better.
    Good luck. Your so close to that #1 keep that focus there.
  • decemberg
    Options
    Just eat your 1200 calories. Don't eat the extra calories earned from exercise. It takes a 3500 calorie deficit to lose 1lb. I work with a licensed nutritionist and that is what she recommends to me - along with eating all of the right foods. I would also change your profile to only lose 1lb per week...that is more realistic.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. I have been bouncing between 164 - 166 for 2 months now. It's annoying but what can you do? Keep working on it and eventually it will go down. You're doing great!
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    1200 calories may not be right for you. MFP kinda just sticks everyone with the same number, except for maybe significantly larger people. Last week I bumped up to 1300 daily and only worked out 2 days for the week (compared to usually going 6 days a week) and I lost 2 lbs when lately I've only been losing 1 lb every two weeks.
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same trouble lately. I know that when my fat amount was low, I wasn't losing as much per week - make sure you're getting at least 30 grams! Also, maybe fore a couple of weeks switch it up to 1.5 pounds a week. If you're body's getting used to the same old same old, it's going to want to lose less. You're body wants homeostasis, so you need to keep it guessing.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Also - don't go strictly by the scale. Keep weekly measurements of your hips/waist/neck to see the changes there as well. Sometimes those decrease dramatically without a bit of movement from the scale. Pounds are not everything!
  • c2jvintage
    c2jvintage Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have most definitely been going through the same thing! I was losing a pound a week when I was eating 1700 calories or more if I exercise. Then I decided to kick it up a notch and try losing 2 a week. MFP said eat 1200 and I did, plus some if I exercised and I gained 5 pounds in two weeks WHILE I was exercising more!!! It was horribly discouraging. Yesterday I moved my goal back to a pound per week so we shall see what happens. Keep working hard and don't give up! :)
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I had this problem a few weeks ago, I was doing the Slimfast 3-2-1 plan and sticking to 1200 cals. It worked fine at first but then I plateaud. I then joined MFP and it recommended 1340 a day, which I started eating and the weight started coming off really quickly. I think 1200 was too low for me, I needed the extra cals to stop my body going into starvation mode. Maybe you need to increase you cals slightly too?
  • monkeyfood
    monkeyfood Posts: 106
    Options
    I had this problem a few weeks ago, I was doing the Slimfast 3-2-1 plan and sticking to 1200 cals. It worked fine at first but then I plateaud. I then joined MFP and it recommended 1340 a day, which I started eating and the weight started coming off really quickly. I think 1200 was too low for me, I needed the extra cals to stop my body going into starvation mode. Maybe you need to increase you cals slightly too?

I agree..maybe 1200 is a too low for you. I sat at the same number for a month only eating 1000 calories a day. I didn't know what harm I was doing..I always thought eat less weigh less.
    I bumped up my calories to 1250 and would pack in 2-3 extra pieces of fruit a day to get the extra calories. In the last week I lost 2.4lbs Just keep at t. It's a learning process. Great work on your weight loss so far.