Losing weight with a baby

Options
I've got a 3 month old baby and I'm struggling to lose weight. I'm tired and I eat when I'm tired. Also cooking healthy meals and snacks is too hard at the moment. I'm not breastfeeding cos I'm on medication.

I'm doing 14 km a day on my exercise bike and working up to 20 km in a couple of weeks. I also walk 2-3 times a week depending on weather.

Replies

• Maridinger
    Maridinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have 4 children ages 7, 6, 3 and 11 months so I understand being tired....but that hasn't stopped me from losing 65lbs. I do Insanity 6 days a week and walk 3-4 days a week on top of that. You just have to do it. For your child and for yourself.
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Any ideas for easy to prepare healthy food ideas?
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has a lot of easy to make and relatively healthy food ideas. A lot of them only take a few minutes with a microwave to make work. Many of the recipes are available on the Hungry Girl blog.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Use the baby as a ketttlebell.
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well.. I had two babies in 2012, and am always tired. You really have to sacrifice things when you have children, like tv time, reading alone, sleep. Take any good opportunity you can to exercise and try to prepare your meals while your baby sleeps.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Any ideas for easy to prepare healthy food ideas?

Salads, sandwiches with fruit and veggies. There is also a recipe board here and there's a group called recipe swap!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have labored through five children and believe me the weight gain just plain sucks. Right now your hormones are going crazy and even though you are eating sensibly and being active, it seems as if nothing is changing. Give it time as your body will respond when it is ready to. It will, sweetie!
  • Sarahland
    Sarahland Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a four month old. I gained 13 lbs during pregnancy and have lost 55 lbs in the past 3 months (the first month of his life, I lived in the NICU next to his isolette). Just like these other moms, I understand tired. But I remind myself that I'm not just doing this for me. I'm doing it for him too. I want my son to be as proud of my strength as I am of his. If you would like to friend me, you are more than welcome to check out my diary for food ideas. Good luck!
  • sonyab901
    sonyab901 Posts: 1
    Options
    I had twins in March. I am trying to lose the last 30 lbs. I need support and motivation. I just started doing a walk/run interval everyday. Any other suggestions? I cannot really diet right now because I am breastfeeding.
  • Udamay
    Udamay Posts: 2
    Options
    Cut yourself some slack! Be proud of what you ARE doing! As a new Mom for the third time, I say, baby steps (hehe) , keep up the walking. By walking, you are creating energy ,mental clarity and de stressing. Once you feel the walking is a habit, move on to meal planning. Pamper yourself when you can, I read my kindle while rocking baby when I wasn't napping with him. Juggling a new baby is a lot of work but life does get easier!! :flowerforyou: