New and Enjoying Supportive Environment

Options
I re-downloaded this app after deleting it a while back. I'm glad I did! I am enjoying all of the supportive comments I see.

My main downfall are sweets and carbs. I am a foodie and enjoy eating -- which when I think about it, is a good thing, because I can focus on eating all of the healthy foods I love! I'm grateful that I enjoy vegetables, salads, greens, and whole grains. Wish a didn't love the sugar, sweets, and the unhealthy carbs so much too though!

I am a Cardio Barre exercise fan, and I also "Sommersize" (a way of eating that has to do with food combinations that I learned from Suzanne Somers' books) which seems to work for me.

I am generally a positive person, but when I feel emotional, I use food as a way to comfort myself -- so that's another thing I want to be more aware of as I do it.

I am a mom of two loving young boys and married to a very supportive husband (10 years and counting!) I feel very fortunate for the life that I have.

Great site here and thanks for all of the tools on this site! :happy:

Replies

• tripletsmom07
    tripletsmom07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi There! How are you liking Sommersizing? I am thinking of doing it - I bought her books and the recipes look great. Is it easier to do than it looks? Hope it's going well for you.
  • judtod
    judtod Posts: 85
    Options
    I also am kind of a foodie. I love cooking,, and eating, of course. I don't believe we have to give up any of our favorite foods. We just need to fit them into our calorie counts. With portion control and some changes in how we prepare them, we can have just about anything!