ZUMBA?

Options
I did a zumba class last week with a friend but with our work commitments it's hard to find the motivation to go alone.

Anyone got any tips? (transport is an issue as often rely on husband getting back from work with my car and nearest is 3 miles away)

Replies

• floppybackend
    floppybackend Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Get a handful of DVDs - The Shred, Davina, The Firm and use these. With my business, household chores and young children I also find it hard plus I'm rural so it is a trek. Could you go before work? Straight after work?

Personally I find it better to go alone I find replying on others a pain and they always drop out or let you down this way you can easily make excuses. I rather go alone.

I'm not a fan of Zumba so cant comment on these classes I much rather LBT, weights and other.

Is there not public transport?
  • sarabigod
    sarabigod Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you can find your way to the same class, you may be able to connect with the other class "regulars." In my experience, meeting and chatting with the other students has helped motivate me to make it to class. At some points, I've been such a regular in a class, I became friends with some of the others and they would call / message me if I didn't make it to class - excellent accountability.

Good luck!
  • realspursbabe
    Options
    I work in the city and leave for work by 7:30 and don't get back till 7 at the earliest, if I can leave on time. The classes seem to start 7:45/8/8:30 so a lot of planning is required to ensure I've eaten (no facilities at work) enough and not wanting eat too late.

Ive been doing the squat challenge, the biggest challenge has been telling my lodger not to come and sit and watch! (he's gonna be told to move out soon anyway lol)

Transport, I'm not on a london or decent route, I'm out of zones and rely on local routes that stop at 7 or even then miles from a stop to locations, all relying on cars/lifts here. :/