Wedding ring doesn't fit

Options
Does anyone know a temporary way to size rings? None of my rings (wedding, two silver rings etc.) fit anymore. I hate to have them all cut down until I'm at my goal but I don't want to lose them either. At this point I have a band-aid on all rings but it looks awful. Any ideas??

Replies

• asyluma
    asyluma Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    They have clear plastic things like at walmart or something by the jewelry section just for helping rings fit. = ) Usually comes in various sizes for all rings.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    What asyluma said (she beat me to it). They're little inserts that slip around the interior of the band (nothing is permanently attached).
  • Phin
    Phin Posts: 7
    Options
    I would purchase a similar inexpensive ring to wear until you are at the weight you feel comfortable having the rings adjusted. Another way to look at this is a celebration of the weight you lost. A friend of mine purchased rings from QVC until she had her sized.
  • ilenem
    ilenem Posts: 25
    Options
    Go to Walmart or any jewelry counter. You can get a little bag with little clear plastic split tubes that fit over your ring on the back side. Maybe a couple of bucks. I don't remember what I paid for mine, but they fit various widths of rings.
  • Van3ssa_2468
    Van3ssa_2468 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am glad I read this post....now I know what to do for my rings that don't fit :smile:
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    How awesome!! (but annoying, too).

Before I started MFP, I hadn't worn my wedding ring for 3 years because my hand was too FAT. I had just been wearing an inexpensive substitute. It was a real victory for me when I could slip it on.

Congratulations on your loss and keep up the good work!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    For the regular rings, not the wedding band, could you move them to another finger for a while? My favorite ring for my right ring finger slid rather smoothly on my left middle finger. The one I would occasionally wear on my left middle finger went to my right middle finger.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    You can also buy silver and gold ring clips at most jewellers. They also fit inside the ring but only have little grips around the back of the band so they arn't as visible or as easy to catch as the plastic tube types. I have had silver ones put into my white gold and platinum rings, they were less than £2 each on Ebay.
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The jewelry stores will have temporary sizers for a few bucks that will be a more adjustable than the plasctic ones.
  • dale49
    dale49 Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks all! I'd never heard of ring spacers but as of this moment I have a package of them and by tonight I excpect all of my rings to be nice and snug again!
  • JustBeckyV
    JustBeckyV Posts: 182
    Options
    I used those as well but they annoyed me mostly lol I finally got to the point I took mine off for a few months. After I reached my goal my DH decided he wanted it back on and paid for it to be resized hehe