Fav way to eat veggies?

Options
pjsdj
pjsdj Posts: 90 Member
What is your fav way? I'm looking for ideas because I absolutely HATE veggies but verrrry slowly I'm finding ways I like them and can eat them. I like asparagus grilled with garlic salt and parm chees, carrots w dip, candied carrots, corn things like that but trying to get creative. I also made zucchini and yellow squash a few weeks ago, roasted them, but couldn't make myself eat the leftovers at work they were squishy! Thanks for all your tips! Was thinking jalen peon poppers?

Replies

• jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I like to add cheese, sauces, seasonings, I bake mine, roast it, sometimes only microwave.
    I stir-fry them sometimes adding a little plum sauce or lemon and butter. If I have leftover I bag them
    and freeze them once I have a few bags I take them out thaw then make soup from them. Jalapeno Poppers are great
    you can do the same thing with poblanos even green or red peppers.
    One thing I LOVE is to take mixed up veggies( cauliflower, carrot slices, broccoli, water chestnuts, mushrooms, onions, peppers) then add 1 cup alfredo sauce and 1 teaspoon of butter, put in baking dish, top with bread crumbs and spray with butter flavored oil. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 350.
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm not much help because I find I like them raw or lightly steamed the best with light seasoning. I like the crunch. It also doesn't take long to cook. I will sauté them sometimes depending on the meal. I've never been a fan of leftover cooked veggies so I just make enough for one meal. Steaming or sauteing takes me as long as reheating so I rather do it fresh.

I find how the veggie is cut can be key on how I eat also. For example I'm not a fan of cucumber sticks, but I like them julienne cut. Actually I prefer a lot of veggies julienne cut.
  • LouSteven
    LouSteven Posts: 10
    Options
    I like mine raw with homemade hummus...super easy in a food processor, and you can make it as spicy/whatever other flavor profile you like as you want!
  • Bennett056
    Bennett056 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just tried vegetable tian. It was from a FaceBook friend. I searched and found the recipe on justapinch.com. Yum!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Home raised by organic methods from certified organic seed, heirloom varieties NOT selected for uniformity and shippability, but flavor. Fresh and right out of the garden. Nothing better.... I LOVE vegetables, except for radishes, rhubarb, and okra.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Love my veggies grilled, or on pizza, or in stews, or steamed. There are some (like grape tomatoes) that I'll eat like they were candy, just raw with nothing else. Yum!
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Most of my vegetables I can eat raw, but if i need to, a good hummus or other dip can be nice.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I like mine raw with homemade hummus...super easy in a food processor, and you can make it as spicy/whatever other flavor profile you like as you want!

I like mine raw with hummus or salsa :)