Newbie here!

Options
Hi, I am new to the site and am looking for friends to face the weight loss challenge with!! I am a 46 year old mother of 2 grown (well pretty much, anyway) sons! I have a wonderful husband, (well most of the time) a beautiful yellow lab puppy named Noel! I work as a paraprofessional in Special Education, in a high school setting.

I'm excited about the site and ready to go!

:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Replies

• amscobra
    amscobra Posts: 73
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, It's awesome that you have taken this step. I am a Stay at Home Mom to 3 kids and 5 weeks ago I made the decision to lose weight and become healthy. My last weigh in (last tuesday) I have lost a total of 9lbs in 4 weeks. It's hard work, but well worth it. I wish you luck in your journey and def. add me as a friend!
  • firstdaughter
    Options
    Hello...I am new myself. I am looking forword to this adventure. Good luck and if you need support just give me a holla.
    I have a long way to go and look to sharing success and pitfalls with people who understand. My friends are great and I love
    them but most of them are skinnny and I know they find it hard to understand. Pretty corny but this could really be a new start.
    Good luck
  • mbrownks77
    mbrownks77 Posts: 137
    Options
    Hello! I have been on here for almost a year now. I am also a paraprofessional (I'm in middle school setting though) a few miles from my home. I have fallen off the wagon again and I know I have to do this for me! There is alot of support here and I will help in any way I can. Good luck on your journey!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Soooooo glad you joined, Sharon! :flowerforyou: You will love it here! I love my MFP buddies! :bigsmile:
  • BishopSpence
    BishopSpence Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Newbie,

Welcome! I too work at a high school as a parent coordinator. in New York. This is a wonderful website and is working for me. I've been a member since last Wednesday and am seeing a difference in my eating habits and my clothes. Mind over matter. What matters is that we have a healthy life between now and then. God bless you and I am praying for our success at living a healthier life.:flowerforyou:
  • tennies
    tennies Posts: 16
    Options
    i'm new also, been here a couple of weeks, its hard but i have lost 7.4 pounds, slowly but surely, im determined to lose the weight. you can do it, everyone here is wonderful