turkey neck?

Okay, you know how when you've been heavy your whole life and you lose a bunch of weight and sometimes you end up with hangy baggy skin? I know some exercise can help with toning your arms and legs, etc, but what about your neck? Does anyone have any exercises that can help prevent turkey neck?

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    bump
  • mournemaid
    mournemaid Posts: 29 Member
    anyone?
  • I've heard of this "neck slimmer" device, which you can get quite cheap online,
    It's used to tone the mucles in the neck I believe and it is quite inexpensive.
    I'm not sure if it works, but there are some quite positive reviews about it :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    bump
  • sh0emann
    sh0emann Posts: 46
    Build big traps, hide the turkey neck.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    bump
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    I was at dinner with two of my girlfriends on Friday night and one of them suggested the old exercises from Richard Simmons' "Never Say Diet" book. Basically, you say each vowel but you really exaggerate your mouth when you say it. Another one is to make chewing motions (no food in your mouth, please) that are huge and tense your neck while you're doing it. Who knows if it really works....at the very least, the sides of my neck will look nice at some point. :-P
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    I never had the problem but there was one exercise that was kinda strange.

Chin up and pucker your lips, hold for 3 seconds, then un pucker. Repeat.
  • shellyp_ms
    shellyp_ms Posts: 6 Member
    Try this, it has helped me. Draw in your lower lip. Then drop your head back on your shoulders. Stretching your front neck. Hold a fen seconds then return to normal position. Repeat 10 times.
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    :wink: Get teased about mine ... but my dogs don't mind :laugh: Just put lots of jewelry on and people don't notice :wink:
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    I purchased one of those exercise gadgets - it did seem to help; then we moved and it's packed away somewhere - has a spring inside and you can increase the resistance. Stretching exercises as above can't do any harm either!

A lot of it is genetics - you either have one of those sort of chins/necks, or you don't. I do :grumble: - my husband has the other sort of neck & chin that doesn't stop just under the edge of his chin. Bit like earlobes and being able to curl your toungue! :smile:
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    I think it must be mostly genetics. I watch with interest celebrities as they age because out of anybody they would be the most motivated to fix it if there was something that could be done. You can really tell in profile views how the skin connects underneath the chin--is it right underneath the jaw or more like half way down the neck.
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    I purchased one of those exercise gadgets - it did seem to help; then we moved and it's packed away somewhere - has a spring inside and you can increase the resistance. Stretching exercises as above can't do any harm either!

A lot of it is genetics - you either have one of those sort of chins/necks, or you don't. I do :grumble: - my husband has the other sort of neck & chin that doesn't stop just under the edge of his chin. Bit like earlobes and being able to curl your tongue! :smile:
    .... Thats funny my friend .... Bit like the big arm syndrome .... inherited that , use to be ( Tuck shop arms ) now they are ( Bat Wings ) ... but at 65 yrs of age , being healthy over rules these little things .
    One lady referred to losing a lot of weight to ( The candle melt down syndrome ) ... :wink: