Jillian Michaels or Tracy Anderson

Options
I keep seeing two infomercials that have piqued my curiosity... Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution and Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis. Has anyone tried either of these? Was it worth the money? I am currently doing 4 days a week cardio, and 3 days a week weights, which I am very happy with... but like I said, I'm curious about these two programs. Thanks for any info you might have!

Replies

• JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Neither. Keep doing what you're doing. These clowns don't deserve your money.
  • BFarnsworth
    BFarnsworth Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If you feel you absolutely need one of them to help you out Id say Jillian. Id go with Jason on this though ... you only need you and support!
  • Sojaided34
    Options
    I agree with Jason. Just keep doing what you are doing. If you are curious, they may have this at your library. That's where I test out fitness DVDs I see. :) Too cheap to buy.
  • LaNeekaRN
    LaNeekaRN Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok, you made me laugh, because that's the conclusion I usually always come to... thx for your candor Jason!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm always wary of programs which say "Spend X money and this workout will change your life/give you tons of energy/press your pants!"

If you want to try JM or TA workouts, youtube them. Most are on there for free. Save your money for new running shoes!
  • cheekykiwi2
    Options
    i like jillian..have her workouts and its great
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    i like jillian..have her workouts and its great

I agree. I will add that I am watching the freebie on YouTube though.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    You sound like you are doing the right things right now...I will just add that I like Jillian's 20 min workouts for busy days when I can't get in my normal exercise. You can find her 30 day shred on youtube if you want to try it out, but if you're already lifting, i would suggest doing it with heavier weights...she only uses 3lb hand weights.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You could buy one of Jillian's cheap workouts - 30 day shred or one of the other $10 ones. A hundred $ is a lot to spend if you aren't sure you'll like her. I think her workouts do work, but I personally just don't like her as a trainer. I do love Chalene though so she is worth all the big $ to me.
  • ERAY13
    ERAY13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis to shape up for my wedding. I made it to level 8 (about 87 days) and lost one size plus seven pounds. I constantly felt sore - and not in a good way. It did make my arms look incredible and overall I looked much leaner. Friends thought I had dropped more weight than I really did (but in all fairness, I wasn't far from my ideal to begin with, so 7 pounds made a huge difference on me. The weight loss with Tracy was not consistent though. I lost a few pounds right away, then it took a while to see it on the scale. Then it slowed down again, but I continued to see 1/2 inch losses here and there.

Been doing Jillian 30 Day Shred for 8 days now using 5 pound weights and same diet as Tracy (roughly 1300-1400 calories, 1 to no grains per day). I am seeing MUCH faster results and I'm not sore in a way where I feel like I am getting early arthritis. Meta has a way of making your bones just ache and I really do feel like the women who stick to that will be VERY sorry when they're older. That's just an opinion though.

Back to the results - I see in 8 days with Jillian what took about a month with Tracy. 1/2-1" loss everywhere. That's doing 30 Day Shred everyday plus half of six week six pack, for a total of 45 minutes. And because you're only lifting 3-5 pounds with Jillian, there's no bulk.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any workouts by Jillian or Tracy but if you are itching to spend money, save a bunch and do Jillian's 30 Day Slimdown. You can probably make the workouts into 60 or 90 days by doing shorter workouts. I've heard some folks say a lot of the stuff on these three DVDs are found in Body Revolution. Also, if I had the choice between Jillian or Tracy, I'd choose Jillian. You should be able to get 30 DAY SHRED, NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES and BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM for $30 or less @ Amazon. $30 is much cheaper than Body Revolution.

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Slimdown DVDs:
    30 DAY SHRED
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Slimdown Workout Schedule:

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • getrealforme
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. Great results in 30 min, a day, 6 days a week.
  • vgirl21
    vgirl21 Posts: 37
    Options
    HI! I do Tracy Anderson and am her biggest fan. I have also done Jillian...
    I would think being sore is a good thing and means you are tearing through muscle. But I think everyone is different. I am only happy with exercise through dance and that is why I love Tracy Anderson. I was always getting bored with workouts and I am on Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis: Continuity. I get a new floor workout every 10 days so my body never has a chance to rest.

For Tracy Anderson, her exercises keep you from bulking up. I notice that my arms don't get any bigger but the fat around them gets tight. It's like they get stronger but don't bulk up, its weird but that is what I want. Her moves aren't repetitive so that helps keep from bulk up as well. I do the Abcentric dvds because all of my weight immediately goes there, especially my love handles! Tracy is the only trainer I have tried that has helped me get rid of these. I notice a drop in inches every week! However, like any other form of exercise, if you stop you won't lose weight. You will gain weight or never lose any if you don't have a balanced diet to go with it.

Jillian Michaels kind of annoys me sometimes because she is so dominant. (I like the serenity and one-on-one training with Tracy)
    I bulk up with Jillian so that is a NO for me. Also, I don't know if she still has them but NEVER, I repeat NEVER take her fat burning pills! Yikes! I took those for two-three days with exercise and had heart problems for a whole year! I thoughy I was going to have a heart attack at 20 years old! The caffeine or whatever is in those pills is just bad. Her workouts are amazing though and would swear by those too, as long as you don't stray away.

I hope this helps but my words of encouragement are to find a workout that you enjoy! Because ifyour not happy, you will always be fluctuating. Until I found Tracy I was hopping around from gyms to dvd's. And now I have found her! Hope you find results! :)