Exercise taboo?

Options
2»

Replies

• SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Twice a day for me, I enjoy a 5k run/walk every morning, then just to get rid of the excess physical energy of a day sitting on my butt at work, I will either do a bike ride, walk or do a circuit training routine.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I workout whenever I feel like it. Hell I have done pushups at midnight.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    For running (competition day) one taboo is to never try anything new. If you don't know how your body will react to a new breakfast/gel/supplement, you definitely don't want to find out on race day!
  • aumint
    aumint Posts: 19
    Options
    I say workout whenever feels best to you. I know I am super energized after a good workout, so I try to not to workout out too late or else I will be awake most of the night. Usually I just workout whenever I have time during the day, but lately I've been really feeling the morning workouts. My day ends up being a lot more productive. :D
  • TD_BC
    TD_BC Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a morning girl. Roll out of bed, weigh myself ( that's the best motivator for me!), then straight to the gym. I'm usually on the elliptical for about half an hour before I really wake up and by then my workouts almost done, so it works well for me. Then I feel great for the rest of the day knowing I started the day off right, and am less likely to go off track.

If I do have to go in the afternoon, I really don't like it. My tummy feels full from lunch still, and the air at the gym isn't cool enough, and I;m just plain uncomfortable.

When you work out is just personal preference. Whatever it takes to get you there and moving and burning calories is better than doing nothing.

**No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch**
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My boss, who ran a 50-mile race last year, used to work a full day, have dinner with his family, then run from 9 to midnight. Not that I'm recommending that!

I don't like AM workouts and do them only if it's the only time I can fit them in (e.g. on business trips). I prefer late afternoon, when my attention starts to lag, and I hit the company gym. That's been working for me for the last 5 or 6 years.
  • jadisfeigns
    jadisfeigns Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    since it's summer here in AZ i have to switch to day, vs. Night. that's the only reason I have to actually get myself up to exercise. Other than that, exercising at night makes me sleepier :)