Desk Job Exercises?

Options
I recently have switched departments and now find myself sitting behind a computer for several hours during my shift where I use to be up moving for 12+ hrs a day. What exercises do you suggest? I have brought my 3lb weights with me to do some arm exercises and I know of squats and lunges, but what else?

Replies

• sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but these look legit enough to me: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efkk45gdgl/best-exercises-to-do-at-your-desk/
  • zinatara
    zinatara Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Maybe a mini exercise bike to put under your desk?
    628462 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the can between the knees and squueze squeeze under the desk and in your seat straighten leg and hold until thigh catches fire, lol. But i think the best advice is to drink as much as you possibly can, it forces you to get up use the restroom and walk around! I sit in a cubicle 45 hours a week and its so hard! Goodluck!
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    You can do push ups against your desk. I stand back a little bit from my desk, put my hands on my desk and then do pushups.

I also have my own office, so some days at lunch I will shut my door and do a workout video. If I don't have a lot of time, i will do crunches and other core exercises.

Other ideas are walking on your break. If you have a hallway you can do laps in, or the parking lot, garage, buiding, etc.

I use to walk during my 15 minute break at my old job just so i could get out and move around. It was very refreshing.