Re-Introduction and looking for more support

Options
spragukr
spragukr Posts: 81 Member
Hi everyone!

I've been a member of MFP for about a year and a half or so now. Last summer I managed to lose 18 pounds and get to my goal weight. Since then I've gained around 5 of it back. At this point my goal is not so much weight loss as it is to GET INTO SHAPE and stay in shape, as well as eat healthier just to feel better overall. While my weight may be around where I want it to be, my body does not look how I want it to look, and that is due to my poor diet choices and lack of exercise.

I'm 22 years old and just got my Bachelor's Degree. I'm returning to Grad School in the fall for one year to get my Master's in Teaching. I'm also getting married in a little over a year so that is added motivation to work toward getting into and staying in shape!

I'm looking for friends who want to give and receive support. Any age, any fitness goal, it doesn't matter to me. I try to encourage my friends and I am looking for encouragement as well =) I feel like the journey is easier when you have others around that are also working toward bettering themselves somehow!

Replies

• ionamorgana
    ionamorgana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I need some of the same. Feel free to add me
  • defyyourlimitations
    Options
    Hello! I completely understand. Being healthy, feeling good, and being great shape is what I want. I still have weight to lose but I love feeling fit. This is the new profile I started. I post everything I do and would love to encourage you and keep in touch.
  • vasp65
    vasp65 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi,
    To lose weight and to be in shape and look good, aren’t always the same. You need to include exercise; strength and cardio, and healthy diet habits in your daily routine, as a way of living.
  • spragukr
    spragukr Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I sent you friend requests =)
    Hi,
    To lose weight and to be in shape and look good, aren’t always the same. You need to include exercise; strength and cardio, and healthy diet habits in your daily routine, as a way of living.

I completely agree. At this point I'm not looking to lose weight, although I'm not opposed to it either. My goal now is to start eating better and exercise regularly to get into shape. I am very out of shape, so changing that as well as my eating habits are my current goals.