LOT of weight to lose, looking for support :)

Options

Replies

• SavingSarah41
    SavingSarah41 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Sarah. I have about 150 to lose. I would love to have some more friends to motivate and for motivation. Feel free to send me a fr anytime!!!
  • qzisue
    qzisue Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome! I have lost over 200 pounds following a low carb lifestyle. It has taken me over 6 years, but I am a new person inside and outside.

My recommendation is to find what works for you and then keep doing it and day or meal at a time. Make it a lifestyle. A diet is something that you go on and off of, which usually leads to the weight coming back on. I also set smaller 10 pound goals, which seemed much more realistic and manageable than 200+ to lose.

Have a blessed day!

Susan aka Low Carb Ladybug
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 40-50 lbs more :) I will get there, slowly but steady
  • SandyC04
    SandyC04 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi, I am Sandy. my initial goal is to lose 50lbs. I am doing an organic, gluten and dairy free diet... I too would love to have some more friends to motivate and for motivation. Feel free to send me a request... becktacular90, you go girl! Love to be a cheerleader for you!
  • mel3491
    mel3491 Posts: 31
    Options
    It's heartening to read all these posts! Everyone has such great intentions and we are all here to support each other. MFP helps by keeping us accountable, but I'm curious what 'programs' or plans everyone is following:
    I started my journey the beginning of March and loosely following Atkins. I knew I was addicted to bread and sugar and have been so very pleasantly surprised to see so much belly fat gone!
    I measure once a month and weigh in once or twice a week.
    Getting rid of the white bread, sugar and processed foods has really helped. Three days in and your body starts to rid itself of that crap.
    Good luck to everyone and anyone feel free to add me.
    I almost almost to my half way point although I certainly recognize that this is a lifetime change. : )
  • Moonstar0613
    Moonstar0613 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm with you ! I just started but am determined with a little coaching from my brother in law. Too many years of traveling for work and eating out have piled on the lbs gradually. Now its hard to get moving without 800mg ibuprofen to ease the joint pain. At 56 I'm too young to feel this old. lol And the last year I've had Type II diabetes - which I do want to get rid of. Just started -but determined !
  • dlmoore1254
    dlmoore1254 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel...I have been using MFP since mid-May and it has been great. I have already lost 18 pounds and have at least 42 more pounds to go...seems so far away...I am 58 years old and feel 100! I couldn't walk or so anything...and with just 18 pounds gone I am walking 30min a day and feeling a little better everyday.
  • cimberleigh
    Options
    I'll join your team! I have a lot to lose as well. About 60 pounds.
  • Amyrose716
    Amyrose716 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose too so I'll be here with you for awhile! I'll send you a friend request. Let's do this!
  • nurse2022
    nurse2022 Posts: 18
    Options
    :smile:

I'm right there with you, in that I need to lose about #125. I have tried so many things to do this and been so frustrated, however this is the first thing I've ever done where I really believe it can happen. There is alot of support here by people who are in our spot and understand.

My plan is to journal every meal, snack, goof-up and do it one day at a time. Looking at a large # is frustrating and feels impossible, so even though I have a "goal" set up; I have small, short term goals. I gained some weight when I went on vacation and right now my 'goal' is to lose the 6# I have to lose to get back to pre-vacation. I don't beat myself over the head, I had a great vacation, it's just time to get busy again.

Hang in there, you can do this!!
    Have a great Sunday. Debbie
  • nurse2022
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are awesome!! Way to go!!! :happy:
  • nurse2022
    Options
    Congrats!! I have some joint issues and want to move around more, but is painful now. However, it won't be forever. Have a great Sunday. Debbie :happy:
  • nurse2022
    Options
    I am right there with you with the Ibuprofen plus Tylenol and an occasional Norco. I really like your picture, it's beautiful scenery.
    We can do this!! Debbie
  • cathyg321
    cathyg321 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have a ways to go. Feel free to add me I'll be glad to be your buddy :smile:
  • becktacular90
    becktacular90 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I have had such fantastic support on this post, and also through friend requests and messages. Honestly, cannot thank you guys enough! What awesome people to share this journey with!
  • BTlulu
    BTlulu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a request, I could do with the support too :)
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me....have actually lost 135...still need about 60 or so to go!
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I sent you an invitation to join our new motivatonal group, a fun way
    to get your exercise in. Hope you'll join us!
    Good luck in your journey, you're off to a great start,
    I have 40 to go and I'll have lost 200 myself.
    best of luck!
    Linda
  • XXSephiraXX
    XXSephiraXX Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OMG yesss cheat day! I love that you use this because i do too. My dad doesn't understand the struggle and says only once a month but I know myself, I need once a week otherwise ill crave too much and go crazy.
  • fleurdelis504
    Options
    Ill add you! :)