I ate 3,000 calories today, and...

Options

Replies

• unoriginalusername007
    unoriginalusername007 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome prerogative! I'm glad to see someone who's not freaking out over one single day of overeating! Fantastic post, just wanted to comment to say that :)
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I learned the hard way that one day isn't worth beating myself up over, when I first started really trying to lose weight, if I went in the red at all, I'd be so angry because "I could have done better" now I realize, life has it's ups and downs and I'm not perfect so I might go over my calories some days, I might even gain weight when I'm trying to lose it but you know what? The only way I usually even entertain the thought that I've failed is if I give up. Now I'm not saying those thoughts don't creep in now and again but I just say to myself "oh well, tomorrow will be better!"
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Nope one day does not undo all the hard work you put in all week
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    totally agree,
    said something similar the other day,

some people get emotional after a bad day and that has such a negative effect the following day, as you perfectly summed up going over on any given day is no big deal, and the best solution is to just forget it and move on,

one of the best things anyone can do on their journey is to realise its not going to be flawless, that would make it easy when we all know its not easy at all,
    once you accept that then you can more easily deal with the minor set backs,

loved this post, thanks :)
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Best post EVER!!!
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    This is just what I needed after 3, yes, 3 (not 3000 calories, though, more like 2000) binge days.
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    nEsGBLA.gif
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    A terrific post! Thanks!

A day like you've had is so important on so many levels, as you've identified. You may temporarily see an increase in the scale due to higher sodium, but it will be gone in a few days.

So glad you enjoyed your day!
  • Bean515
    Bean515 Posts: 97
    Options
    Spot on! It's the negative thought cycle that needs to be broken....that's what causes repeated over eating and weight gain. One day doesn't hurt. A couple days doesn't hurt. I've been going through a rough patch in life, and love comfort food. I ate like a horse the past 3 days and gained under a pound. I'm not stressing it because I feel like I'm ready to workout and get back to eating healthier. When someone gets stuck on one little rut, that rut slowly turns into a gigantic hole. I have carbo load days where no matter how much protein I eat, I really am only craving carbs. And I give in. I let my body get its fix and over indulgence, don't log or don't look at my macros that day and get over it. I suck at eating consistently healthy for weeks or months at a time. I've accepted I'm not one of those people. So I follow a 80% rule....I keep that much of my diet healthy. Pretty soon ill bump it up. And if my body calls for a cheat day for whatever reason, damn skippy I'm going to let it have it. The less deprived I feel, the easier this is. ;)
  • JesChernosky
    JesChernosky Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I've seen people freak out because they went 20 cals over their goal. Or because they feel that they should have been right on their goal, not under, or it's not healthy. I've had to explain to them that you will pretty much NEVER be right on goal.
  • V3XES
    V3XES Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great work and a nice positive feed............ excuse the pun !!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    horse-meme.jpg
    Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif
    261d1237578946t-super-funny-animated-gifs-chuck_norris.gif
    tumblr_lokd8j9IMC1qcz682o1_500.gif

I am so glad that I clicked on this Post!! I am sure that I will be Quoting it OFTEN!! You have said this so much better than I could!!
  • Marley2310
    Marley2310 Posts: 304
    Options
    YESSS FINALLYYYYYY!!! someone who doesn't care!! lol its really funny how some people think they ruined all their hard work by eating some extra junk ...im well known among my friends for my epic cheat days lol i never gain real fat after cheating for one day i just hold on to some water weight
  • marooned
    marooned Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Love the post... a little needed perspective for me on a Sunday!!!
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Got to treat yourself every once in a while!
  • pabu13
    pabu13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yep, makes you think ;o) thanks for taking the time to write this :O)
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more!! Two nights ago my grand total was 3954 cals and not sweating it in the slightest. A great time was had with people I love and as long as I don't make a habit of it Meh It just was a self indulgent day that most probably won't even register on the scales in a week, but the memory is something I get to enjoy forever.

Great post
  • Skeleton_Keys
    Skeleton_Keys Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Love this post! About a month or so ago I had a little aha moment myself, "oh no I ate 300 extra... oh well!" It made me very happy to just brush it off. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter! :D
  • aaasky
    aaasky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Thanks so much for taking the time to put it all in perspective!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    :heart: :drinker: :heart: