My Changes

Options
Jenn2385
Jenn2385 Posts: 313 Member
I decided in January that I was going to be making some big changes to my life. I finally wanted to get rid of this disgusting weight I have put on over the years. I decided to join Nutrisystem, I started losing right away, I was doing good. In February I started writing in their blogs and participating in their online community, all the people on there are absolutely wonderful and are a great support system. I thought wow all of the writing is really helping me, why not add to the physical change and make an emotion/mental change as well. I started a blog outside of the nutrisystem site and have been writing about my life. I share about losing my stepmom and my father's role in her death, my mother's parade of men, my struggle with a boyfriend with medical problems and an addiction to pain killers, the wonderful friends I met in college... It is all about how I got to where I am, the weight I gained over the years and the person I became. I have spent all these years keeping it all in because I was told to and now I am sharing it, should have done it years ago.
Also in February I began working out for the first time in my life, other then mandatory gym in school. I found a group of amazing women who were doing the 30 Day Shred and joined in with them. I completed that and moved on to the Body Revolution, I am on day 77 of 90. I may not be able to do it as intensely as they can do it on the dvd but at least I am off the couch 6 days a week. Lately I have also been walking with my kids when it isn't raining and I am feeling great, I do 2-4 miles a day provided the weather is nice.
When I started in January I had never really had a desire to work hard to lose weight, due to my mother trying to force me into dieting when I was younger. Now I am 37 pounds down, have just over 80 pounds to go and am kicking butt with Jillian Michaels!
Please check out my blog, I love feedback.
Thisismyjourney23.blogspot.com

Replies

• KeishaJo
    KeishaJo Posts: 45
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your journey :happy:

Congratulations on your decision to make healthier life choices. I think a lot of us (especially me) can tie unhealthy eating to emotional stress.

Keep up the great work!
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are making the right choices and taking control of your life. Great job on everything. Keep up all the good work! Thank you for taking the time to post and share your story!
  • Jenn2385
    Jenn2385 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! You are doing a wonderful job yourselves!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!