A little help please...

Options
I am new to MyFitnessPal... I have been doing it for about a week and I feel great. I only had one bad day. I have tried so many different thing to lose weight and get fit... Just wanted to know if anyone had any advice, or tips or tricks to help. or even just some support would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

Replies

• brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    One thing I can say that may help, is don't stick with just one person's plan. Anyone that has had any success would agree that they had to find ways to make things work for them I would guess. For me, diet and exercise are the only way to go. I don't think cutting out food groups is smart, or beneficial for the long run because with me. For example, cutting carbs to get to a goal is all great and wonderful but once you get to that goal, you want your carbs again, and odds are you gain the weight back. Exercise- find something you enjoy, if it's not very high endurance then do it longer. I'm not a pro at what the best or worst way to lose weight is, but I do know for a fact that if you eat healthy and exercise you can lose weight. (Counting calories, and keeping up with calories burned was the best thing for me) Hope that helps in some way. You can add me or message me If you have any specific questions.
  • sweating2daOldies
    sweating2daOldies Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i think she ^^^ gave excellent advice. Just keep at it! Its easy to fall off track. I did but it was kind of out of my hands. However, I was able to not gain when I did. Find what works best for you but stick to it!
  • AshleyHL24
    Options
    Yeah I have to find "my plan" that's to hard part trying to find what works for me and my body. You are right everyone is different. I have tried soo many different things. I found that I love to walk so I try to do a brisk walk everyday for AT LEAST 2 miles... So I guess I just have to wait and see how it goes!! And I agree it is very easy to fall off track!! Thanks for your advice. And good luck to both of you.
  • rockinchick66
    rockinchick66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good advice given already! I've just started MFP so the only advice I can give is don't beat yoursef up when you don't have a great day. I ate way over my allotted calories yesterday and was almost going to give up like I usually do but instead I did a great 45 minute workout and tracked my food for today. I feel better already! =)
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Another piece of advice I just thought of, don't rely on just a scale. If you're new to weight loss or if you just want to start keeping track I would suggest measurements. I think many people fall off the wagon because the effort doesn't seem worth the reward. Especially if you don't see the difference on the scale. I would reccommend measuring around your chest, waist, hips, and butt and the very least. I'm have a lot of muscle so i do neck, biceps, thighs, and calves along with those. I would weigh once a week and do my measurements once every 2-4 weeks. You would be amazed that on most weigh days when the scale barely moves or even goes up, that the odds are if you are eating right and exercising, your inches have gone down. I also use to not have much energy to even want to work out, but once you workout you normally have more energy and feel great. Those days that have you down and out, just go outside and walk, nothing strenuous just move and get some fresh air. It may help change your outlook on your day, and your weightloss.
  • emmarosegibson
    emmarosegibson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    One thing that works for me is planning a menu and shopping list weekly. So today I planned all my evening meals from Friday (28th June) through to the following thurs. then I go shopping fri and just stick to what's on my list that way I don't have to worry about what to cook but also we have little no junk in the house. The other I love is buying mags so slimming world, weight watchers, good food etc so I'm constantly trying new recipes and not getting bored. Feel free to add me
  • AshleyHL24
    Options
    Yes!! I get like that... I just need to stay positive. I know this... but its nice to hear thank you!!!
  • AshleyHL24
    Options
    Another piece of advice I just thought of, don't rely on just a scale. If you're new to weight loss or if you just want to start keeping track I would suggest measurements. I think many people fall off the wagon because the effort doesn't seem worth the reward. Especially if you don't see the difference on the scale. I would reccommend measuring around your chest, waist, hips, and butt and the very least. I'm have a lot of muscle so i do neck, biceps, thighs, and calves along with those. I would weigh once a week and do my measurements once every 2-4 weeks. You would be amazed that on most weigh days when the scale barely moves or even goes up, that the odds are if you are eating right and exercising, your inches have gone down. I also use to not have much energy to even want to work out, but once you workout you normally have more energy and feel great. Those days that have you down and out, just go outside and walk, nothing strenuous just move and get some fresh air. It may help change your outlook on your day, and your weightloss.

Its funny you said that. I was just thinking about a scale. I don't actually own one myself. So I guess that's good. Though I do have a measuring tape at home. I will have to put my measurements in tomorrow.