Hello Vegans

Options
Question, looking for some great nutrition advice from those who are vegans? I'm looking to lose body fat and tone up. I am currently around 23% and want to lean out to about 18%

I am looking for sample meal and even workout plan you follow just so I have a basis to go on.

Replies

• jasminsaunderssmith
    Options
    I'm a vegan i often try to stay away from the usual vegan alternatives such as egg replacers, alternative milk products..
    my usual meals are
    breakfast- breakfast trifle (soy yoghurt, musli, fruit) i have added the recipe in the food database. with black coffee
    lunch- vegetable soup
    dinner- a platter (on a small plate) watermelon, grapes, crackers with hommus (homemade), cos lettace, cherry tomatos, peanut putter filled celary sticks.

i also avoid alcohol for the reason that i dont like it but it also helps with weight loss.
    but for those days after a long day at work/ uni i have a virgin mojito or a strawberry cooler.

strawberry cooler- blend 4 fresh strawberries, 4 icecubes and 200ml of coconut water.
    virgin mojito- 200ml coconut water, 4 mint leaves, 4 ice cubes, i lime cut into wedges. place all in a glass and let the flavour combine.

as for a workout plan
    monday- 30 min of running (14.5 kmph), 1 hour of contemporary dancing and 1 hour of hip hop dancing
    tuesday- group active class (55 min class combination between step and body pump), and 45 min boxing
    wednesday- spin class, TRX (restistance training)
    thursday- 1 hour of running 14.5 kmph
    friday- swimming for 50 min, spin/core (half core class half spin class)
    saturday- mat pilates
    sunday- yoga.

i do one activity in the morning and if there is a second that is done in the afternoon. i also have alot of sex (around 5 times a day).
    this maybe too intense for you if you are new but i have had an active lifestyle for years and gained weight so i had to up it to the extree=me. feel free to add me if you need anymore advice
  • jezebellle23
    jezebellle23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan i often try to stay away from the usual vegan alternatives such as egg replacers, alternative milk products..
    my usual meals are
    breakfast- breakfast trifle (soy yoghurt, musli, fruit) i have added the recipe in the food database. with black coffee
    lunch- vegetable soup
    dinner- a platter (on a small plate) watermelon, grapes, crackers with hommus (homemade), cos lettace, cherry tomatos, peanut putter filled celary sticks.

i also avoid alcohol for the reason that i dont like it but it also helps with weight loss.
    but for those days after a long day at work/ uni i have a virgin mojito or a strawberry cooler.

strawberry cooler- blend 4 fresh strawberries, 4 icecubes and 200ml of coconut water.
    virgin mojito- 200ml coconut water, 4 mint leaves, 4 ice cubes, i lime cut into wedges. place all in a glass and let the flavour combine.

as for a workout plan
    monday- 30 min of running (14.5 kmph), 1 hour of contemporary dancing and 1 hour of hip hop dancing
    tuesday- group active class (55 min class combination between step and body pump), and 45 min boxing
    saturday- mat pilates
    sunday- yoga.

i do one activity in the morning and if there is a second that is done in the afternoon. i also have alot of sex (around 5 times a day).
    this maybe too intense for you if you are new but i have had an active lifestyle for years and gained weight so i had to up it to the extree=me. feel free to add me if you need anymore advice

You had me at vegan and good atcha...and followed wel with the diet part...started losing me at alcohol,,,lost me even more with questions on how you get all those work outs in and then BAM.....blew my mind with the sex bit!!! You must own your own company, independently wealthy, stay at home mommy or are F*cking superwoman. How the hell do you get in 5 sessions, or even a good leg day in with all that action? you straight blew my mind.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hello friend!
    I'm not an MD so can't give you nutrition advice except for my plan which has helped me :)
    I have fresh fruit for breakfast (banana smoothie, strawberries, oranges, watermelon)
    A big salad for lunch
    And then after eating fresh raw fruits and veggies all day, I eat a cooked meal with dark greens, complex carbs, proteins and some plant fats after 4pm. (eg. stir fry tofu, chinese veg and rice, or couscous, chickpea and veg, etc.)
    When eating this way I feel satisfied and don't get cravings.

Exercise? I try to cycle to work a couple days a week, go surfing maybe once every week, and do taekwondo classes twice a week. Also I like to stretch my muscles when I wake up and before I go to sleep :)

Hope this helps :)
  • Smirfettewithmuscles
    Options
    Lift heavy, go online and make a seitan recipe once a week and eat tofu stir fries.

Seitan is amazing for adding protein to your diet. Also add nutritional yeast to everything, and if you don't , suppliment with b12.

Popcorn with nutritional yeast is tasty
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    my usual meals are
    lunch- vegetable soup

as for a workout plan
    saturday- mat pilates
    sunday- yoga.

You had me at vegan and good atcha...and followed wel with the diet part...started losing me at alcohol,,,lost me even more with questions on how you get all those work outs in and then BAM.....blew my mind with the sex bit!!! You must own your own company, independently wealthy, stay at home mommy or are F*cking superwoman. How the hell do you get in 5 sessions, or even a good leg day in with all that action? you straight blew my mind.

She's 18 - 'nuff said...
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian, not vegan, but I do cook a lot of vegan meals. Beans are a great source of protein. In the winters I make lots of lentil soup and black bean chili. Summer is good for bean salad (even just black beans and peppers with some salsa - amazing). I make stirfry with tofu and lots of veggies like broccoli and peppers. I also love to get extra firm tofu and squeeze out all the excess water (I think it has protein so you can save it for a smoothie). Then you can crumble the tofu and put in anything. It's awesome. Good luck!
  • jezebellle23
    jezebellle23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    my usual meals are
    lunch- vegetable soup

as for a workout plan
    saturday- mat pilates
    sunday- yoga.

She's 18 - 'nuff said...

I saw that after I posted this. tee hee! Wish I had that stamina, time and someone paying my bills so I could be super fit, fully fed and completely laid. ;-)
  • sharan_v_garry
    sharan_v_garry Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    HELLO, i AM NOT A VEGAN. however I came across this vegan cookbook while watching my local PBS channel: COOKING THE WHOLE FOODS WAY. BY CHRISTINA PIRELLO. Her website for ordering christinacooks.com.

The one draw back I noted,, the receipes do not give nutritional count, You would not be able to log the receipes into mylfitnesspal..