Replies

• giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    Bump
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Truth....I always want to slap people upside the head when they're worried about being over by a few calories or even a few hundred. It's one day of many, and in most cases people are still at a deficit. I think people forget that their calorie goal is actually a pretty huge deficit from maintenance...and I'd say most woman on here aren't 500 calories either...more like 800-1000 calories 'cuz so many are doing the 1200 calorie thing. I think a lot of people either forget that their calorie goal is a deficit or in some cases, I really think that a lot of people think it's a maintenance level of calories that they have to shoot under...which is baffling because who could possibly think 1200 calories is maintenance? It just doesn't even sound right, even if you didn't know anything.
  • jannaayl
    jannaayl Posts: 2
    Options
    Just what I needed to see today. Although I have some wonderful supports in my life, there are always those 'negative nancys' that can't get their head around a healthy lifestyle. I eat pretty clean pretty consistently, but there are days I just don't want to, whether it's one meal or all day. I used to beat myself up over it, but have learned as long as I maintain my (self imposed) 80% clean lifestyle, I still lose. I have worked hard to get to where I am, and if I want to eat half a pizza, I'm going to. What I can't stand is people who find the need to comment on my lifestyle, no matter what I am doing. "I can't believe you're going to work out after a 12 hour shift (eye roll)", "Look at you with the healthy lunch", "Blowing the diet today are you?". Learning to not react to to these negative influences in my life, so happy to see other people who have the same mindset as I do!!
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Last week was my recovery week, and I hurt my sciatic nerve on Sunday, so I wasn't able to do much cardio that week. I had a couple days where I ate either at or a little above maintenance (I didn't count it), but I didn't worry about it. Today I measured myself (I am not weighing in until middle of next month), and I had STILL lost the consistent 1/4" in the waist that I've been losing for the past 2 or so months. I took pictures, and you can see the progress from last week. I'm back to counting calories this week, but hey, I feel great. I ate healthy, just didn't log anything. Now I'm logging again and still eating healthy.

But now I wanna eat at the Olive Garden! I love their salads! Can't eat the breadsticks on a GF diet anyway.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I sooooo needed this today. Last night, my husband and I binged on nachos and I went like 600 calories over my goal. Oops. But your post reminds me that it's not the end of the world, today is a new day, and overall I am still right about where I need to be. I might see a tiny uptick in my weight, but in the long run it won't matter. THANKS! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more!! Two nights ago my grand total was 3954 cals and not sweating it in the slightest. A great time was had with people I love and as long as I don't make a habit of it Meh It just was a self indulgent day that most probably won't even register on the scales in a week, but the memory is something I get to enjoy forever.

Love the way you stated this! I concur.
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

I'm starting to really get this mindset too. I ate over 2k yesterday and really didn't bat an eye. I stuck to clean eating today and did some walking and totally feel like I'm still doing great.

I really feel like ive finally found the balance to keep it off for good. Thank you for posting this!
  • livincleanly27
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm still a recovering binge eater so i still eat over 3000 calories at least once a week and try to off set the damage by fasting or over exercising but your post helped me realize to not STRESS over one FREAKING day..lol
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden??

Want. NOW!
  • withintherose
    withintherose Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    horse-meme.jpg
    Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif
    261d1237578946t-super-funny-animated-gifs-chuck_norris.gif
    tumblr_lokd8j9IMC1qcz682o1_500.gif

[applauds]
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've recently starting thinking this way and I feel GREAT! I no longer feel like crap after I've had a few extra hundred cals and actually, being more relaxed is helping me to make even better decisions about food :) Great post!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Great post :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    Loved this post! Thank you. :)
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    When you are scared of food, when you are placed in a position where you have to make choices, you freak out and stuff your face till you cant move.
    When you look at it as just food and a great social night out etc, then you enjoy it without eating like you are going to die without ever seeing junk again.

I couldn't agree more! I have been on both sides of the fence and I must say, I like this one much better! :)
  • violetbluemornings
    violetbluemornings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    after reading your post.... I think just may go get that chocolate cupcake i been eyeballing all day :-)
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I never ever looked at it like this before.
    I love this as so many times I so easily have given up because I felt like such a failure for screwing up when I really didn't screw up until I gave up because I thought I had screwed up .

Thank you for sharing this.
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes to this! I am picking one day a month to eat whatever damn things I want. 17 more days! And I won't feel guilty at all, the other 29 I will have made good choices.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Yay ^_____^ from someone who had lots of ice cream on Friday, 1.5 bottles of wine on Sat, and ate properly and under calorie limit on Sunday ;)
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Wait... you're eating at a surplus. NOW YOU MIGHT GET BULKY!!!!!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You are so correct. And I love you for posting this. Too many peeps on this site who lose focus of the bigger picture.