43 yrs old with 50 to lose!!

Options
I just wanted to say hello and looking for motivation and support to lose this weight once and for all!! I am a sugar junkie and definitely eat under emotional stress. This needs to end NOW!! Looking for friends who need to lose 50 pounds or more :)

Replies

• DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • angiezstruggle
    Options
    Thanks for all the friend adds :)
  • kimsue674
    kimsue674 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can add me :) I'm 39, and need to lose 47 lbs! I tried last year and gave up after 5 months when i didn't lose much...I'm back and motivated to try again, but this time I'm going to try to be more involved and would like some friends to keep me motivated too!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I turned 44 today. Last year, starting April 1, I started at 188 lbs. I now weigh about 148 lbs, with the goal of losing 8 more. Feel free to add me, since you are now sitting in the same place I was a little over a year ago. You can so DO this, and MFP is a great tool to help you get there!
  • InnerLeo
    InnerLeo Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 49 and I'm there with you - I've got 50+ to lose myself. Friend request sent.
  • Tucsonwoman
    Tucsonwoman Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie!
    I'm older then you 52) and I have lost 55 lbs in the last year just by changing my diet and exercising 3-4 times a week. I can tell you that when I ate sugar laden foods and or drank Pepsi (my weakness) my appetite was huge and constant. When I cut out the sugar my appetite was repressed so I wasn't constantly hungry. If I can lose the weight anyone can... it was the best thing I've done for myself and I'm so much healthier and happier! Hang in there and stay on myfitnesspal....the support really helps! You can do it!!!
  • Tucsonwoman
    Tucsonwoman Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Way to go! And Happy Belated Birthday!
  • sharan_v_garry
    sharan_v_garry Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 64. I honestly have done the best with my diet and exercise with a coach or partner. Some one who lives in the household is best I think. Also reading other fitness members post can be motivating. I have ninty five pounds to loose.. I will weight in on my scale on July 1.. I feel I have shed close to ten pouns. I started at 247 I am hoping to be 238.
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 with about 40 to lose, I'd love the support as well.
  • Pibby65
    Pibby65 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just joined fitness pal. I am 47 with more than 50 lbs to lose. I would be happy to be work on it together.
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I turned 43 today and have lost 20 pounds, but still have 40 pounds to lose. Feel free to friend me!