need low cal low fat recipes for dinner! :)

Options
I need some low cal low fat recipes for dinner that even my husband would enjoy!

Replies

• clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    have you tried eatingwell.com? I've been using that lately and there are tons of great recipes out there, and they always include the nutritional info as well. =)
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I have a husband who could eat anything (and does) without gaining a pound, so I've had to learn to make 'healthy' alternatives to traditionally unhealthy meals.

We have hamburgers (97/3 meat) and I pile on the veggies and only use one slice of bread. When we make tacos or spaghetti sauce, its with ground turkey instead of beef. We also have a bbq ribs night and a seafood night, where we have smoked salmon or grilled fish.

I'm carb restricted, so sides are generally roasted veggies, sweet potato fries, green beans, broccoli etc. I also try to throw high nutrient veggies into regular meals, such as substituting lettuce in a taco or hamburger for baby spinach.

Also, experiment with Ms Dash - it has some excellent flavors. I love Garlic & Herb on skinless, boneless chicken and roasted vegetables. Thats actually my husbands favorite meal and definitely the lowest in cals.

Good luck! :drinker:
  • sbw518
    Options
    skinless boneless chicken breasts
    seasoned bread crumbs
    dijon mustard
    olive oil spray

butterfly cut the chicken breasts
    brush with dijon
    coat in bread crumbs
    spray with olive oil

Cook in a 450 oven for 10 to 15 minutes, delicious
    Serve with veggie side dishes of your choice
  • nicoledenyse
    Options
    thanks guys! got some great ideas!! :):smile:
  • Samreay
    Samreay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love stir fry. I take boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut it up into bite size pieces. I then make a marinade with soysauce, ground ginger, and a little brown sugar. I eyeball it but I'm guessing it's about 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/8 tsp ginger, and 1 tbls brown sugar.
    I put it into the chicken and let it marinate while I chop all my favorite veggies. Brocolli, calliflower, carrots, sugar snap peas, water chestnuts, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms.
    I heat a wok or large skillet and dump chicken and all the marinade into the pan and cook the chicken all the way through ( it won't take the veggies long) then add the veggies until heated. ( I like my veggies a little crisp still)
    If the marinade is to thin I thicken it up with cornstarch and it coats everything nicely.
    I like to serve it over brown rice and I always make extra for easy lunches all week.
  • SkyraBee
    SkyraBee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this website. I just looked at it and it looks like it will solve my T-giving woes (in terms of staying on track & eating well).
  • SoonCee
    SoonCee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this link! It does have some great recipes.....I can't believe you have lost 125 pds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw your photo's & you look beautiful...I also like your Isa. quote ;)