5'4" & under ladies... How many calories do you eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• mittencat77
    mittencat77 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    thanks. I do weights but I have been slacking. I have definitely found pushing more there is helpful and makes a huge difference. I think it is very likely exactly what I need to do. to the gym tomorrow!!!
  • mittencat77
    mittencat77 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    what is TDEE?
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    5'3" at 126 lbs at the moment
    1270 and I eat 80 - 100% my exercise calories, burning around 200-400 on workout days (6 x a week) Losing quite steadily on this!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    5"3 and with half a pound loss each week MFP gives me 1390 cals.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 42 years old. Currently eating maintenance at 1800. I lost steadily eating 1550-1650, then plateaued. Took a break to do a half marathon and haven't been motivated to cut again. I love to eat and 1800 doesn't feel restrictive. 1650 did. So I'm torn right now because for me, this is about finding something I can sustain for the rest of my life. I think a small deficit is the way to go (at least for me). Everyone is different and you may have to do some trial and error.
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3" and MFP calculated my calorie goal at 1,460 to lose .5 lb per week. however, i used the calculator at scoobysworkshop.com and they say that my TDEE minus 20% would be 1,793 calories per day. i am nervous about increasing my calorie intake so drastically, but i've been stuck for weeks and got nothing left to lose...except for these last few pounds!

don't go up all at once. try increasing by 100 staying there a week or 2, then another 100, then the rest. this will give your body time to adjust, without drastic changes.

i will try this--thanks for the tip! :flowerforyou:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    1460 but then eating back exercise calories. On most days I'm eating 1800-2200 cals depending on my routine.
  • danielegabaree
    Options
    I was doing 1200 but hit a plateau so increased to 1660 but not hitting that, more like 1400 which works out fine for me. 10 more lb's to go and hoping to lose 1/2 lb per week.
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies everyone! Since I have decided to stop weighing myself everyday I am a little nervous about my weekly weigh in. I have felt a little helpless not weighing myself everyday but I'm going to keep trying. I plateaued for several weeks eating about 1550 calories so I upped it about 100 hoping to see a loss. At this point I would love to see a 1/2 pound weekly loss!!!
  • njconat
    njconat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I try to stay under 1200 calories and work out every day!

22551224.png
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    1850-1900 cals a day. I don't eat back exercise cals (or if I do it's not all of them). I started heavy lifting 3x a week, a 1hr boxing class 1 day a week and if I feel like doing anything more I'll do some walking or light jogging. I'm losing roughly .5kg a week.
  • talisamb
    talisamb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    5'4" 130-133 pounds. Slowly losing on 1700-1900 calories per day
  • carole4000
    carole4000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've only just joined MFP. I'm 5 feet 4 inches also and have been struggling with the last 10lbs for the last year! Ate too much this weekend but usually during the week I average 1400 calories. :smile:
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    5'3" here, and I *try* to stick around 1700/day... Try being the key word here lol. I stayed around 1600/day for awhile, but being out of school and therefore out of a lot of dance is hard on me
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    5 ft 2. My TDEE less 20 % is 1300 calories
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200 calories in Jan and didn't understand the concept of exercise calories so didn't eat them back... I was losing consistently. Then I started eating 1550 calories and having a day where I didn't count and went crazy. I continued to lose pretty well. Within the last month, I've weaned myself off of the "binge day." It was supposed to be a treat meal but it got out of hand. I plan on incorporating a real "treat meal" once I reach goal and I will count it and eat it within reason. I should mention I exercise a lot especially right now because I have extra time on my hands. For the last month, I've been eating 1700 calories and sometimes going up to 1900 calories. I do Spin, Strength Training(dumbbells and kettelbells), Kickboxing, Zumba, etc and sometimes more than one class a day.

History: I lost 120 lbs over 12 years ago and kept all of it off for 10 years. Had to give up running, started slacking on my eating and gained an estimated 30 lbs back. I didn't weigh myself January 2nd when I started to lose the 30 lbs. I am nearing goal again. As soon as I comfortably fit in my goal pants, I plan on weighing myself daily...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3 and eat at 1400 cals/day - last 5lbs are proving really hard to shift - ALL of them were hard to shift, max loss would be 1/2lb a week
    I work out 1 1/2 hours x 5 times a week
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    1800 and these last 10 pounds are most definitely the hardest!
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    5'2. I eat between 1300 and 1600. It's quite hard to reach 1600 for me though.