Man In Coma After Eating 413 Red Lobster Biscuits

Options
BlitzClipz
BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
http://www.rockcitytimes.com/local-man-coma-eating-413-red-lobster-biscuits/

This food writer, Kevin Shalin, ate 413 Cheddar Bay biscuits in one sitting!! Slathered with butter of course. Each biscuit is about 150 calories. So that's 61950 calories in just biscuits!! That's not even including all the butter, which equals about 51.5 sticks!! In just one sitting!! That's insane!!

I'm just glad the guy is okay, but wow, I think we have a new Darwin Award champion right here,

Replies

• Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Why in the hell would someone do that?

Never understood gluttony
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Send me some biscuits.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't imagine being able to do that.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Poor man needs some help. He should come here.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    and those are good to
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Why in the hell would someone do that?

Never understood gluttony
    I second this: WHY? What possible Purpose could there be to do this?
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    If I was going to pick a way to die......
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I totally have a craving for red lobster biscuits now lol
  • FindingWillpower
    Options
    it's a satire article :(
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I just went there for the first time this weekend.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :noway: OK, I read the article and I am mostly just Sad for his idiocy in doing that, but I am also a little angry because it reinforces the Belief (and I know I may get Blasted for this) that you Cannot Make Good Choices at places like Red Lobster or Golden Corral. The Restaurants Do Not MAKE you eat like a Glutton or a Prisoner on his way to the Electric Chair.
    I do eat at Red Lobster, Golden Corral, and even {gasp!} MCDONALDS!! But I am VERY Choosy in what I order. Let's stop Blaming the Restaurants and lay the RESPONSIBILITY where it Belongs.
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    it's a satire article :(

Indeed. Many giveaways there,...but the gem must be linking to the article: "Golden Corral Becomes the Little Rock Area’s Top Upscale Restaurant". Then again, it may be true about Golden Corral. After all, we are talking about Little Rock here. :wink:
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Poor guy :-/
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Given the tagline of the Rock City Times is "Arkansas 2nd most unreliable news source", I'd say this is a joke.

Especially given that, in other news - "Jewelry Store Now Offers Women a Free Shotgun and Shovel with Wedding Ring Trade-In"
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    SATIRE folks. :happy:
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    SATIRE folks. :happy:

Yes, it's satire but the math is staggering. 144k mg of sodium.

But really? Do you think there is a chance that you could get 413 cheese biscuits at Red Lobster. When they dole them out like 2 or 3 at a time. It would literally take hours and hours to get that many biscuits.

But it makes me wonder. The record for hot dogs at Nathan's July 4th contest is 68 in 10 minutes. That is 27,880 mg of sodium in 10 minutes. What in the hell does that do to your body?
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    :noway: OK, I read the article and I am mostly just Sad for his idiocy in doing that, but I am also a little angry because it reinforces the Belief (and I know I may get Blasted for this) that you Cannot Make Good Choices at places like Red Lobster or Golden Corral. The Restaurants Do Not MAKE you eat like a Glutton or a Prisoner on his way to the Electric Chair.
    I do eat at Red Lobster, Golden Corral, and even {gasp!} MCDONALDS!! But I am VERY Choosy in what I order. Let's stop Blaming the Restaurants and lay the RESPONSIBILITY where it Belongs.

You raise great points and I agree with you... but this article is fake. Just fyi. It's a joke :)
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I know this is a joke, but wanted to say this. Sam's Club sells a big @$$ bag of CBB mix! :noway: I literally RUN past that aisle to avoid even 'making eye contact' with the end cap!
  • Marley2310
    Marley2310 Posts: 304
    Options
    He is a champ !
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    He could had eaten 4, puked it back up, ate it againthen repeated a 100 times. Better strategy.