Greek yogurt

Options
13»

Replies

• mrsriisky
    mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Love blending it with a variety of different seasonal fruits for a delicious smoothie! Depending on which fruits I toss in, a sprinkle of cinnamon goes in, or some lemon juice- I love experimenting with flavors! I may be the odd ball on this thread, but I tend to not really like the texture if I eat it straight- sort of hits me like a brick wall. But I love it in smoothies!

Also, I'm Polish, so a lot of my favorite recipes have a sour cream based sauce- I use Greek yogurt instead, these days. It does not make a difference in flavor, but takes my dill/mushroom cream sauce pork from calorie and fat laden to pretty fitness friendly by cutting the calories and fat, but adding some valuable protein!
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    What great ideas!!

I have been buying the Chobani flavored Greek Yogurt because it is so tasty. I bought some plain greek yogurt to try and mix with fruit and such.
  • banana_milk
    Options
    I use it in place of sour cream and make low-cal fajitas!
    Low carb/high fiber tortillas, chicken/beef fajita strips, tons of veggies, fat-free shredded cheese, and plain Greek yogurt.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yoghurt, use it for sweet things and savoury. Use it in place of sour cream, also use it in cooking for muffins etc.

Current favourite snack/dessert: 188 cals
    Syrups - Maple, 12g = 31 cals; Chobani Greek Yoghurt - Plain Low Fat 2% 150g = 103 cals; Fresh Frozen Raspberries, 100g = 54 calories

Must try it with cocoa powder!
  • lizardcave
    lizardcave Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like Trader Joe's honey Greek yogurt... or Chobani, but I add pineapple and Bear Naked granola.
  • cherrygoo
    cherrygoo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt plain, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, Eden Foods nuts and fruit mix
  • cherrygoo
    cherrygoo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt plain, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, Eden Foods nuts and fruit mix
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I mix Dannon Light & Fit Greek (80 cal) with 1 C almond milk (30 cal), MLO Protein Powder (110 cal), packet of Stevia and 2 Tbsp of Flaxseed meal (60 cal)...throw some frozen blueberries in there and you have a killer protein shake that has about 300 cal 8g fat 5g fiber and a whopping 40g protein...absolutely delish!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I use greek yogurt on a ton of things. one of my snacks is a cup of chobani plain nonfat greek yogurt with some coconut milk, blackberries and blueberries and 2 packets of truvia(or honey of i can afford it calorie wise) and it is yummy. the coconut milk makes it light and fluffy~!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My fave is chobani plain, with 1 tbsp nutella and 1 tbsp chocolate chips mixed in. It comes to about 270 calories and it tastes AMAZING!

Omg, going to have to try the nutella!!! I only eat the Fage 2% plain, but I think adding some nutella is a fantastic idea.

this sounds like heaven!!

I wish we can save threads, i love the ideas from everyone!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% is by far the best greek yogurt you can get IMO. I eat mine with some granola and honey. I use it as a base for sauces (add salsa and put on tacos). I use it to make bread. It is the best!
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I usually eat the Fage Total 2% as well. I add a little splenda and a couple tablespoons of walnuts. I've been eating Chobani this week though, but the 20g of sugars burns up my entire daily budget in one shot.
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love all of these ideas. Thank you for sharing.
  • 2vayla
    2vayla Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I usually eat the Fage 0%, but add pineapple, sugar free caramel and sometimes packet of stevia!! Pretty darn yummy...
  • happy_hillery
    Options
    Fage 2% is my favorite. I'll put almonds in it or eat it with carrots or even protein bars.. I also use it in salad dressings (just flavor) or as sour cream.