Celebrating 1000th Consecutive Day on MFP

Options
CHeMoTaCTiC
CHeMoTaCTiC Posts: 41 Member
Hit a major milestone in my own nutrition and fitness tracking yesterday: "Chemotactic has logged in for 1000 days in a row!" Sure, it's a few months short of 3 years,but seeing that 4th digit appear in my MFP News Feed is very satisfying. I had previously posted progress pictures (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/132401-rolled-the-clock-back-20-years) and a 1-year progress report (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/353319-one-year-and-still-counting-mfp-anniversary).

I have tracked my calorie burn and consumption with near perfect fidelity for so long now that I cannot imagine a time when I didn't care what I ate. It's a true lifestyle change that is met with mixed reactions from friends and family: some think I'm nuts for taking the 5 minutes a day--every day!--to log every bit of food and exercise; others are somewhat awed. Regardless, I'm quite proud of myself.

In addition to tracking food and exercise, I track weight everyday. Unfortunately the graphs on MFP leave a lot to be desired, so I also track weight in a spreadsheet from which I can graph the results over time and include a 4-week running average that flattens out daily fluctuations and allows me see true trends so I can adjust my activities accordingly.

7bcbfd3a-b4e0-4c8d-94e8-7a4001540c8b.jpg

And about a year ago I finally purged my closet of all my 'chubby daddy' clothes (as my kids called them), and donated them to charity. My weight drop certainly wasn't as dramatic as many others on this site; but between the fat loss and muscle gain, the change in my body has been remarkable. I can't imagine these shorts fitting me, but at one time they did.

FatPants.jpg

Replies

• dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Happy 1000th day!!! Amazing transformation!!!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    that's brilliant.

I'm still 485 days to go until I get to my 1000th day
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    Extra well done on maintaining for so long!
  • mommy8777
    mommy8777 Posts: 15
    Options
    Now that is commitment! Awesome job:happy:
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Now that is an accomplishment!
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    so inspiring thank you!
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Consistent logging and fantastic progress made - Well Done !! :flowerforyou:
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!! You look fantastic!!!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    seriously impressed by this post,
    well done mate, and just goes to show what commitment and determination can achieve

great job
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! I just hit 855 days myself, and hope to get back on track and achieve my final goal by my 1000th. Thanks for the inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    So impressed! You look great!!!!!!!!!! Well done.
  • elizajane1
    elizajane1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That definitely is something to be proud of!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Awesome commitment, tracking and results. I'm on about 700 days myself and similar to your chart lost most of the weight in the first six months (though unlike you still struggle to get to goal).

I love the fact that Mfp does allow you to continue to monitor long term progress though I hate that the charts max out at a year (only 3 months on the iPhone app!)
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, very inspiring.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    What an amazing commitment to taking care of YOU. *bow*

You look amazing BTW.
  • kayenne78
    kayenne78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely fantastic! Congrats!
  • willtrainforchocolate
    willtrainforchocolate Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome and very well done. :)
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: Congratulations to you, I don't think your crazy for taking the time to track your healthy lifestyles!! Awesome work...I am coming up on my 1000 days as well..I'm at 990 days as of yesterday..I'm waiting, but you keep up the fantastic work!!
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Great commitment! I would be nearing the 900 day mark if I hadn't blown it back around Thanksgiving when I got sick. Great job...you look happy, healthy and much younger!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!