Any success stories for saggy tummies?? :(

Options
tschaff04
tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
I am hoping this isn't a lost cause. I have lost almost 100 pounds and my stomach has shrank significantly. However, I seem to hold most of my weight in my lower tummy and thigh area, always have. So it's taking the longest. My stomach has always been saggy, as in hanging down over my pants line. It's slowly getting higher but even at almost 150 pounds it still hangs over my pants line, it's like that little flap will not shrink up and get above my pants!! lol

Please someone tell me that eventually this happens!!!! Does anyone have success stories of having the hanging stomach and it eventually going away. :(

Replies

• Dickson1525
    Options
    I would be interested in hearing about this also
  • lawmaria
    lawmaria Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    definitely need some help on this one.
  • tschaff04
    Options
    So glad I am not the only one ladies!! I hate hate HATE that stupid flap hanging down. It makes me look awkward because I look skinny in my clothes but then my bottom tummy looks bigger than the rest of me. *Sigh* :sad:
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    like you, my belly got smaller but my sag is gonna sag I think. Mine is different because it is a very low sag, so its not going over my pant band. So I doubt if I ever get rid of that being so low down there.
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Do you do any strength training? My sagging tummy is becoming less and less with strength training. My trainer upped my abdominal work about four weeks ago and it is helping.
  • Leslie735
    Leslie735 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't want to bring you bad news but it most likely will never go away. It's most likely loose skin and not actual fat. After 2 pregnancies I now have a hanging stomach that hangs over my pants line as well. I use to have a flat stomach prior to having my kids. Now that I'm losing weight it's not getting any better, still the same. My Dr. told me the only thing that will fix it is a tummy tuck, which I cannot afford. :( I know how you feel! I hate it too!
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have been doing core work, lower back work, & it just doesn't want to go away. Even at 125 lbs and 19% BF... that hanging part doesn't want to go way.
  • tschaff04
    Options
    Oh wow, that's disheartening. :cry: I don't want to be stuck with this the rest of my life. Stupid stomach!!
  • ready4anewme13
    ready4anewme13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have only tried it once, so I don't know if it actually works, but I know the pictures people post for that belly wrapping thing looks like it may work. I've been thinking about trying it for a month since I have lost most of my weight in my waist and stomach. Although I am leary because I hate gimmicks and temporary fixes. I don't know...
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options
    Do you do any strength training? My sagging tummy is becoming less and less with strength training. My trainer upped my abdominal work about four weeks ago and it is helping.

I was going to suggest this. I read an article last week showing how strength training will increase deep tummy fat by 6%. This is why I plan to start strength training.
  • alisaprince1
    Options
    Please do not believe it wont go away. Strength training or heavy lifting is a big deal. i have seen MANY women who ot rid of the belly sag. there qre alot of them on here. look for foods and vitamins that improve skin elasticity alot of people swear by coaco butter and my skin is tightening nicely as i lose. the flap is most likely still FAT sitting there and fat can be burned. if its not very thin,as in there is still meat in there then it IS fat not skin. build muscle and take care of your skin from the inside out. It can be and has been done by determinded women. good luck:)
  • alisaprince1
    Options
    I have only tried it once, so I don't know if it actually works, but I know the pictures people post for that belly wrapping thing looks like it may work. I've been thinking about trying it for a month since I have lost most of my weight in my waist and stomach. Although I am leary because I hate gimmicks and temporary fixes. I don't know...
    wraps are a temporary solution and the results wont last. They drain your skin of water which is not good in the long run. you want hydrated skin that has elasticity.permanent results can be achieved through hard work and healthy foods.:)
  • tschaff04
    Options
    I am totally willing to email a belly picture to someone if they can really tell me if it's just skin or fat. I am NOT posting a bare belly picture here(not brave enough, lol) but I often wonder if it's all skin or mostly fat. I can't really tell.
  • tschaff04
    Options
    Please do not believe it wont go away. Strength training or heavy lifting is a big deal. i have seen MANY women who ot rid of the belly sag. there qre alot of them on here. look for foods and vitamins that improve skin elasticity alot of people swear by coaco butter and my skin is tightening nicely as i lose. the flap is most likely still FAT sitting there and fat can be burned. if its not very thin,as in there is still meat in there then it IS fat not skin. build muscle and take care of your skin from the inside out. It can be and has been done by determinded women. good luck:)

Thank you for giving me hope! I love running and do it often but am soon going to start heavy lifting. I hope that will bring good results.
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    I have the same thing, my tummy looks flat but has a lower pooch that hangs. I started doing planks, leg raises and crunches. I have a really weak core, so I figured slowly trying to incorporate tummy toning exercises would help. It's definitely working! It's slow going, but I really suggest doing workouts that target the lower abs. Planks. As many as you can every day, until you can hold them for longer periods! I SUCK at planks, but I do them anyway. Someday I will be able to hold them longer. So yah, planks and leg raises seem to be tightening mine up, it isn't as saggy. It takes a long time to tighten loose skin and it may not tighten all the way. But it's worht a shot, it won't make it any worse!
  • alisaprince1
    Options
    For anyone who may try to argue my point, I dont do internet arguments lol.... all body types are different age, weight lost,and qual of food intake all play a role in how well your skin will retract. I wouldneverguarentee that someone would or would'nt have loose skin based on my experiance. each person is different and some are willing to work harde eat better and dedicate themselves to skin tightening than others,and then some are just blessed with.good or stuck with bad genetics. But how will you know unless you give it your best,)
  • alisaprince1
    Options

Thank you for giving me hope! I love running and do it often but am soon going to start heavy lifting. I hope that will bring good results.
    i really believe if you strength train it will tighten. muscle burns fat and also gives the skin something to pull towards once most of the fat is gone. congrats on your weightloss btw .AMAZINGaccomplishment!!!!
  • alisaprince1
    Options
    I am totally willing to email a belly picture to someone if they can really tell me if it's just skin or fat. I am NOT posting a bare belly picture here(not brave enough, lol) but I often wonder if it's all skin or mostly fat. I can't really tell.
    skin is very thin. if its meaty at all(excuse the term meaty lol) thens it is fat. once that is burned the skin can tighten easier because the fat is not weihing it down. hope this helps
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Never give up hope. Lift heavy and invest in a good lotion. I've been using this one for a couple of months and have definitely noticed a difference in my skin texture/firmness. Also, I would recommend body brushing. Invest in a boar's hair brush (Walmart has one), not a synthetic one and heres a good link for that too. Yes, it will take about 10-15 extra minutes a day to do the brushing and apply the lotion but you're worth it. Also, drink plenty of water and take a good vitamin. :flowerforyou:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/nubian-heritage-raw-shea-butter-lotion-8-fl-oz-lotion
    http://thankyourbody.com/benefits-of-dry-skin-brushing/
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Have a baby! Then you can just blame it on the baby. ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!